GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Well, the weekend is upon us..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 26/10/01 at 14:27
Regular
So c'mon then, spill the beans - what are you going to be watching this weekend?

For me, it's DVD incarnations of; Shrek, Swordfish, Airheads, Rush Hour and Bedazzled and if I get time Bridget Jones' Diary and Final Fantasy too. Phew!
Sun 28/10/01 at 16:03
Regular
"Fat Red-Capped Vale"
The_Vottanator wrote:
> Oh the Big Lebowski is hilarious.

"What was in the case Mr.
> Lebowski?"

"Oh just papers...business papers."

"And
> what kind of work do you do?"

"I'm unemployed."

That sounds like a funny film. I've heard rave reviews of it. Isn't it a bowling film with toilet humour mixed in or something?

This weekend, I only watched one film and that was Last Action Hero. The plot is basically this - Daniel Matigan, a 12 year old kid is a movie fanatic. He loves the "Jack Slater" series of movies and goes to see them every Thursday. He sneaks out of his house and his old friend lets him in. However, his old friend gives him a magic cinema ticket that was given to his friend by the late, great magician, Harry Houdinii. Matigan discovers that the card can take him inside a movie and he soons meets Arnold Schwaranaegger. Matigan claims to Schwarzanegger that it's a film, but Arnie is skeptikal, and after, loads of halarity and danger ensues. Matigan and Arnie really show good set chemistry.
Sun 28/10/01 at 12:51
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Oh the Big Lebowski is hilarious.

"What was in the case Mr. Lebowski?"

"Oh just papers...business papers."

"And what kind of work do you do?"

"I'm unemployed."
Sun 28/10/01 at 12:26
Kitty wrote:
> I spent the whole movie wondering when Sean Penn was going to make an
> appearance. There is a random gangster at the end who looks something like him.
> But when the credits came up and he was the lawyer I nearly fell off the sofa.
> It didn't look like him at all. But he plays the coke fiend very well. God bless
> method acting. Its a tough job.

N.B SR don't stock Carlito's Way. What an oversight. I'm now going to go and watch the end of the Big Lebowski and Arlington Rd, both of which I've fallen asleep through. Serious sign of old age when you fall asleep and start dribbling like a pensioner during any movie thats shown after 9.00pm.
Sun 28/10/01 at 12:23
I spent the whole movie wondering when Sean Penn was going to make an appearance. There is a random gangster at the end who looks something like him. But when the credits came up and he was the lawyer I nearly fell off the sofa. It didn't look like him at all. But he plays the coke fiend very well. God bless method acting. Its a tough job.
Sun 28/10/01 at 12:13
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Yeah, I usually watch a film all the way through to the end as well, even if it is poor.

I.D however, I just couldn't. It was so bad. 40 minutes and I couldn't go on.

And I can't believe that was Sean Penn in Carlito's Way. It looked nothing like him.
Sun 28/10/01 at 11:54
The_Vottanator wrote:
> What did you think of Carlito's Way?

I love it.

Thought it was great but I was a bit torn about the ending. It was just watching the inexorable slide towards it all going horribly wrong that wanted me to shout "No, that shouldn't happen, give the guy a break." But I guess then it would have been too cheesey had it worked out OK.
Loved the soundtrack. I'm a big fan of 70's disco/soul etc so this was great. Also I'm not convinced by Pacino playing a hispanic character. He doesn't look Puerto Rican in the slightest. Having said he's always a convincing crook. So its a thumbs up from me.
Unllike Purely Belter. Two Geordie lads trying to get the money together for season tickets for Newcastle United. Very scams etc which I guess were supposed to be entertaining but just cliched and clunky.Gave up after 20 minutes which is very unlike me.
Sat 27/10/01 at 18:12
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
What did you think of Carlito's Way?

I love it.
Sat 27/10/01 at 18:11
Regular
"Whatever!"
Im watching some Vampire spoof tonight - Cant remember what its called!!

Then tomorrow evening The Blair Witch 2, although I wasnt that keen before!!
Sat 27/10/01 at 17:59
Watched Carlito's Way Friday night. Going to watch Arlington Rd and Mallrats - on recommendations from these forums so they best be good.
Sat 27/10/01 at 16:24
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Not over here there not, but over in the States where I buy 90% of my DVD's from, they are.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.