GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Got My PS2 Today"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 10/06/03 at 01:58
Regular
Well, it's been at my house for about a month, but I was at uni taking exams, so I left it there.

But now it's set up, and not bad with it.

I've had no desire at all to play any games recently, so my copy of GTA VC remains sealed, but I did watch a dvd on it, and I have to say it wasn't bad at all, nothing like what people make it out to be (pap).

Obviously it wasn't as good as a normal dvd player (or my Q), but it still gave a good picture quality, no complaints here.

The control pad feels kind of awkward. I guess it's to be expected, the old design, and the transition from a cube pad. Buttons don't feel very nice either. Still, not gamed properly yet, so I'll save final judgement.

The console doesn't look too bad either. The blue and green LEDs are very nice. Overall: Slightly odd, and not as nice as my blue gamecube (spray-painted), but better than the cube when it was purple.
The Q is still the prettiest thing in my life :^)

I expect to live in fear of technical failure from the day the warranty expires, but until then I'm fairly happy with the thing...

...but why did they put the power switch at the back?

Okay, so recommend me some PS2 games to lift me from my spell of disinterest and get me gaming. Go!
Tue 10/06/03 at 15:15
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
On a similar note, read the customer reviews for SOCOM and try and spot the X-box owner ;D
Tue 10/06/03 at 15:24
Regular
Chemical Brother wrote:
> But ample when you consider that's 2 more than on Gamecube and 3 more
> than on Xbox.

You keep telling yourself that and I will keep laughing.

> Honestly though, with all joking aside, you really are a biased little
> pissant, aren't you? Anyone mentions anything "nice" about
> PS2, and you have to pipe up with some comment.

I was ripped off by getting a PS2 and I can have my opinion on it. You are any other pathetic fool won't convince me otherwise.

> Opinions are one thing, but constant bad-mouthing for the sake of it
> is not only unnecessary, but also marks you out as the immature child
> you really are. It's all you ever seem to do in your posts.

Its a console for crying out loud. It doesn't breath, have children or sleep. What in the word are you talking about? I have never even seen you on these forums before. That could be because I avoid little cry babies who fly of the handle at the slightest thing.

> Someone mentions they bought a PS2 and were happy with it; someone
> else comments on the number of games available, without making any
> claims as to quality; and like a putrid fart that follows you around,
> up pops ALASTAIR with a negative comment.

Whats your point? Its a chat forum and I will voice my opinions on whatever I feel necessery. Please feel free to go back and find all these negative comments though because I can't wait to read them.

> And don't come out with the "oh but I own a PS2 myself"
> line, either. There are two possibilities with that response: either
> you're lying and don't own one, or you're an idiot - because only an
> idiot would buy a console that they spend all their time
> bad-mouthing.

Neither. Bought one and sold it four months later. Played 2 games I liked in 5 months and decided it was time to sell it on. The only idiot around here seems to be you with your stupid accusations. Why the hell would I lie about owning a PS2? Maybe lying is something in your character trate but don't start flying at me with your pathetic comments.

> Maybe if you spent more time gaming and less time on whinging, you
> might be better able to appreciate more of the titles that PS2
> offers.

I don't even have a PS2 anymore. Thankfully I got rid of it and I now own a Dreamcast, GameCube and Xbox.

> We all know now that you don't like the PS2, and most of us
> practically *expect* you to pop up and bad-mouth the PS2 in any thread
> where someone has praised it - so do us and yourself a favour, and
> save yourself some typing, you cretinous little tosspot.

Or for god sake! How old are you? The PS2 isn't a human, its a console and I can comment all I like about it. I have owned one and I got rid of it and I can have my opinion about it no matter how many fools like yourself come up and tell me otherwise. Go whistle on a piece of grass of whatever trolls like to do!

Oh and whilst your at it you might be able to provide this evidence about all these posts I have been aledgedly doing.

*Dances off into the fields*
Tue 10/06/03 at 15:29
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
It's another Insane Bartender clone!
Tue 10/06/03 at 16:02
Regular
"Wobble"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> You keep telling yourself that and I will keep laughing.

You missed the "joking aside" comment then, or did you choose just to ignore it?

> I was ripped off by getting a PS2 and I can have my opinion on it.

How were you ripped off buying the biggest selling next-gen console in the world? The majority of the world's other gamers would disagree with you, I know who I'd trust.

> Its a console for crying out loud. It doesn't breath, have children or
> sleep.

Exactly - so why so much negative feeling towards it? You bought it, you didn't like it. Fair enough. To shout about it at every available opportunity is not logical. Sell it on, if you haven't already, and forget about it. You seem obsessed with the fact you didn't like it. Like an old girlfriend, forget her and move on - don't bad-mouth her to anyone who'll listen - it shows that deep down, you still care and want her back.

> What in the word are you talking about? I have never even seen
> you on these forums before. That could be because I avoid little cry
> babies who fly of the handle at the slightest thing.

You haven't been looking hard enough then. Despite my "Newbie" status, I have in actual fact been here far longer than you. Long enough to know that you haven't always gone by the name ALASTAIR.

> Whats your point? Its a chat forum and I will voice my opinions on
> whatever I feel necessery.

My point is that we KNOW your opinion, and don't need to be reminded of it every time someone says something that remotely praises the PS2. We don't need your bile filling the forum. If you don't like the machine and have nothing constructive to contribute, don't bother posting in the Sony/PS2 forum. You obviously come here just to whine, and frankly it's something we could all do without.

And as you're so hot on opinions, I'm sure you'll have no qualms about me saying that the Gamecube, whilst a fantastic little machine, has been very disapointing in terms of sales, and that the last game worth buying on Xbox was Splinter Cell at the end of last year.

> Please feel free to go back and find all these negative comments though
> because I can't wait to read them.

I don't need to go and find them, as any regular here will know EXACTLY what I am talking about, and that I am telling the truth. Several opthers have stated exactly the same as me in the past. You're basically an Xbox fanboy who claims to be unbiased, but whose true loyalties are betrayed by practically every other post he makes.

> Neither. Bought one and sold it four months later. Played 2 games I
> liked in 5 months and decided it was time to sell it on.

And you obviouslystill haven't got over it. There's a lot more dross on the PC than there'll ever be on any console. I've only bought two PC games in the last 6 months, but am I chasing people around the forums bad-mouthing the machine?

> The only idiot around here seems to be you with your stupid accusations.

Accusations? Facts! Any regular will know that what I've said is true. You've done it in this very thread, so it's hardly worth denying it.

> Or for god sake! How old are you? The PS2 isn't a human, its a console
> and I can comment all I like about it.

Yes yes yes, we all KNOW it's not human. It seems to be you who has trouble with making the distinction. You harp on about how disappointing it was as if it was an old girlfriend who ran off with your best mate!

It's a machine. You didn't like it. It's gone. We know all that. Get over it and move on with your life.

> I can have my opinion about it no matter how many fools like
> yourself come up and tell me otherwise.

No-one is saying you can't have an opinion, just that we know what it is and a sick of hearing it. Change the record!

> Oh and whilst your at it you might be able to provide this evidence
> about all these posts I have been aledgedly doing.

As I already said, I have no intention on looking back over a years worth of threads just to make a point, as most regulars already know aaalllllll about you.
Tue 10/06/03 at 16:28
Regular
Easy :^)

One of you likes the PS2, the other doesn't. But however much you like to express your opinion, it's words on a forum, no more.

Back to games: Not sure I have time to settle into a big RPG at the moment.
Then again, maybe I have pleanty of time. Not sure.
Racers bore me these days. Simulation ones anyway. I'm worried by my deteriorating attention span, but while I have Burnout 2 it's not too bad :^)

Must get something with a dance mat and something with a light gun.

I'll probably pick up Silent Hill 3 too.
Tue 10/06/03 at 16:30
Regular
Oh, PS2 exclusives for recommendations please.
Or stuff that's only PS2 and Xbox.

If it's on cube I'll get it there, prefer the controller.
Tue 10/06/03 at 16:34
Regular
"8==="
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> FantasyMeister wrote:
> P.S. As of today there are 502 games released for the PS2 in the UK,
> you're kinda spoilt for choice :)
>
> Not when you consider the fact that there are around 4 that are worth
> owning.

That is the perception of those who don't own one. Personally I can't stand the controller it's been knocking around since 94/95? Whatever. Controllers have moved on.
Tue 10/06/03 at 16:45
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
You might've missed my recommendations in the ranting, but those three are PS2 exclusive and top notch games. Quite hard to find Ico and Gitaroo Man these days though.
Tue 10/06/03 at 16:54
Regular
Might just give Ico a look. Played a short demo on a friend's PS2 once. Not bad.
Tue 10/06/03 at 17:04
Regular
Its a bloody forum you stupid idiot. I can voice my opinion when I want and as many times as I want. In fact that is one of the most pathetic replies I have ever read. Ranting on like a gibbering fool. I like the bit where you ask me for facts yet you are the one raving on about posts which I have done in the past yet when I ask to see them you simply don't want to find them. Is that perhaps because they aren't even there you fool?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.