GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Got My PS2 Today"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 10/06/03 at 01:58
Regular
Well, it's been at my house for about a month, but I was at uni taking exams, so I left it there.

But now it's set up, and not bad with it.

I've had no desire at all to play any games recently, so my copy of GTA VC remains sealed, but I did watch a dvd on it, and I have to say it wasn't bad at all, nothing like what people make it out to be (pap).

Obviously it wasn't as good as a normal dvd player (or my Q), but it still gave a good picture quality, no complaints here.

The control pad feels kind of awkward. I guess it's to be expected, the old design, and the transition from a cube pad. Buttons don't feel very nice either. Still, not gamed properly yet, so I'll save final judgement.

The console doesn't look too bad either. The blue and green LEDs are very nice. Overall: Slightly odd, and not as nice as my blue gamecube (spray-painted), but better than the cube when it was purple.
The Q is still the prettiest thing in my life :^)

I expect to live in fear of technical failure from the day the warranty expires, but until then I'm fairly happy with the thing...

...but why did they put the power switch at the back?

Okay, so recommend me some PS2 games to lift me from my spell of disinterest and get me gaming. Go!
Wed 11/06/03 at 19:32
Regular
PS2 and Pro evo 2.

Its all you need!

If your a football fan anyway...I'm still playing it pretty much every day since it was released last year.
Wed 11/06/03 at 19:07
"period drama"
Yes, please do.
No one cares about your petty arguments. Just face the facts - you're both too damn stubborn to change your opinions about anything, therefore this argument is totally useless.
Wed 11/06/03 at 10:10
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
GO AWAY!!!
Wed 11/06/03 at 10:07
Regular
Before you start ranting on again consider the fact that you won't change my opinion and you won't stop me from posting my opinion. There was nothing fan boyish about it, there aren't more than four PS2 exclusives that I would get if I purchased a PS2 again and because the post came from my PC I think you will find that I aren't speaking for everyone, I am speaking for myself.
Wed 11/06/03 at 09:59
Regular
Chemical Brother wrote:
> Well, there you have it. So now you admit to prior fanboy posts, even
> though you earlier denied it. Seems little has changed.

Yes I did one post but you are being such a d*ck about you are going to drag it on and on until you have tried to make a little point. The sad thing is the fact that you can't find any of these other posts I have supposedly done.

*Chuckles*

> Oh, well that makes it all better, doesn't it! "Look! I've
> changed! No, really! Honest!"

I haven't noticed a change. You are the same idiot who was up at nearly 2:00am arguing over something you don't have the evidence for.

> Not!

Theres me thinking you had changed even though I have never seen you post on these forums before you decided to start a stupid argument because I think there are only four PS2 games worth owning. When will people realise that others are entitled to express their opinions?!

> You previously slagged off the Gamecube as well as the PS2, and that
> was without ever having tried it. Now you make sweeping statements
> about PS2 software, the majority of which you won't have tried either.
> Your comments and opinions on PS2's software are just as invalid now
> as those you made about the Gamecube then.

All of that was done in one post over a year a go and whats this about software I haven't tried? I have MGS2 for my Xbox. Resident Evil Code Veronica for my Dreamcast which is actually a better version of the game due to the Dreamcast's antialiasing capabilities and with the updates for the GameCube version another great PS2 title will be available on another next generation console. I have both GTA's for the PC which I run off my brothers computer because mine isn't good enough. I have Winning Eleven 6: Final Evolution for my GameCube imported from Japan. The only games on the PS2 that I would get are Devil May Cry and Tenchu 3. I completed Devil May Cry when I got it last Christmas but thought it was an amazing game. Tenchu 3 I have played a lot at my friends house and I am a huge fan of the series. I have gotten 100% on both GTA 3 and GT3 as they were titles I highly anticipated. GTA 3 I now own on the PC and I wouldn't go near a Gran Turismo game again after how long 3 took me to complete.

Whats you point?

I have owned or played all the major PS2 titles and along with the fact that every multi-format PS2 game I owned was the worst version I had on any console and the fact that there are only 2 PS2 exclusives that interest me.

What makes me laugh is the fact that you think I am making this up and that I haven't played all these *top* PS2 titles when the fact is I have played or owned them and there isn't more than a couple of games I would actually buy for it.

I will let you into a little secret here. You know when I type something in the message box? Its actually coming from my PC which makes it my opinion. I can talk as much or as little about a console as I like and just because you seem to think I am some sort of multi-generate fan boy isn't going to stop me voicing my opinion on the PS2. I have nothing against the console itself, its the games and the sheer lack of games which I owned/want to own again.

I also have a PSONE sat next to me with over 90 games and I would go as far sa saying that it was my favourite console of all time. I aren't against Sony like your warped mind seems to think.

> Ooh, well forgive me for having a memory that lasts longer than a
> goldfish. A shame yours isn't as good - maybe then you'd recall all
> the fanboy crap you've posted in the past, which you are now
> denying.

Erm... I think you will find Goldfish have a memory span of around 15 seconds. Remembering ONE post which I did 400 days a go is pretty good going in the memory department.

> I have no authority, and nor do I need it. You have posted lots of
> anti-PS2 stuff, and you know it. Initially you denied doing it at
> all, now you have admitted to one, and I know, as do many others I'm
> sure, that you posted far more than that. And you've done it again in
> this thread.

No facts still? Shame really because I was starting to think you were going somewhere and then when the evidence is required you let me down at the last minute again! Never mind. Maybe you can accuse me of something else then make something new up? Come on have some fun, if you stay up til 2:00am replying to this thread I am sure you must have more to say about me.

*Waits in anticipation*

> No, you're the one looking stupid. You're denying it when you've done
> it as recently as this thread!

Its called my opinion. Nothing fan boyish about it. I think there are around four games worth owning and if I want to say it I will. I haven't once said that only four games is bad, instead you seem to jump at the slightest thing and go ranting off about it like a gibbering monkey.

> And when you do, it's something negative.

Obviously you are joking with this? I suppose you have missed my comments praising Devil May Cry, GTA 3 amongst other in the past? Perhaps not even Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3?

> You don't have a PS2, you don't like the PS2. Nothing at all wrong
> with that. But you come here anyway, and rubbish the machine and its
> software. Surely even you must have expected someone to comment on it
> sooner or later? And then you want to take issue with them when they
> do?

Well done! Award yoursaelf a sticker. You managed to realise that I don't own a PS2. Its like going roudn and round in circles. ITS MY OPINION and if I want to voice it I will. People can challenge my opinion which is good. However you just went off on a huge rant about me being anti PS2 and all I post is anti PS2 posts. Pfft! Get a life, the world doesn't revolve around the PS2.

> Once again, I'm not going back over any posts. And since when was > having a decent memory sad? Still, if you really think you only made
> one single fanboy post, you obviously DON'T have a decent memory.
> Good luck with your education, goldfish boy.

You aren't going back over any posts? Yet you are saying I am the one who has posted all the posts saying how rubbish the PS2 is? I think your memory is the one is question here.

*Sniggers*

> So... I'm the sad one for remembering, but you actually have a copy of
> the post? Is it stuck to your bedroom wall, perchance? (I won't ask
> what it's stuck there with...)

Copy of the post? Where did you get that from? Ahhhh... I see now. You probably picked that up in the same place you picked up all this information about my PS2 posts. Never mind I know you need to keep yourself entertained. Not to mention me :)

> You'll have to excuse me for not looking for more, but as much as I'm
> enjoying our little contretemps (look it up), you're simply not worth
> that much effort.

The words of a loser. Someone who can't back his arguments up with evidence so instead he makes the excuse of me not worth the effort.. Its quite clear that I am worth the effort as you keep replying to my posts at even 1:54 am.

*Sniggers*

> I suspect the only reason that you keep mentioning it is because you
> know full well that no-one in their right mind would go looking
> through over a years worth of posts just to prove a point. At least,
> not on a forum lacking a decent topic search engine.

Given up already? Ahh well never mind. I was starting to enjoy your fabrications, they are keeping me mildly entertained.

> Unlike you (apparently) I don't bookmark or keep copies of every
> thread I've ever posted in or taken exception to. Maybe you'd like to
> re-post that first topic here and share your wisdom with us once
> more?

Making things up again I see. You may not bookmark copies of my posts but you seem to be quick to judge me and accuse me of doing them in the first place. Someone set up an advanced search engine on these forums so if I can find the post I will give you the link because it was VERY funny indeed. Oh how times change. Shame you find it hard to move along with them though.

> And you call me an idiot?

If you define idiot as someone who accuses others and then can't back the accusations up with evidence. then yes I am. I thought it was polite of me to be honest because I could be much more brutal :)

You still haven't answered my Wookie question. I take it that its you...

*Sniggers*
Wed 11/06/03 at 01:54
Regular
"Wobble"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Secondly as garbe123 my first post was against everything apart from
> the Xbox.

Well, there you have it. So now you admit to prior fanboy posts, even though you earlier denied it. Seems little has changed.

> Since then I have purchased a Dreamcast and GameCube and my views have changed.

Oh, well that makes it all better, doesn't it! "Look! I've changed! No, really! Honest!"

Not!

You previously slagged off the Gamecube as well as the PS2, and that was without ever having tried it. Now you make sweeping statements about PS2 software, the majority of which you won't have tried either. Your comments and opinions on PS2's software are just as invalid now as those you made about the Gamecube then.

> You must be pretty sad to remember that far back as it was
> over 400 days a go now.

Ooh, well forgive me for having a memory that lasts longer than a goldfish. A shame yours isn't as good - maybe then you'd recall all the fanboy crap you've posted in the past, which you are now denying.

> you obviously think you have the authority to accuse me of alleged
> posts against the PS2 when quite frankly I have better things to do
> with my life.

I have no authority, and nor do I need it. You have posted lots of anti-PS2 stuff, and you know it. Initially you denied doing it at all, now you have admitted to one, and I know, as do many others I'm sure, that you posted far more than that. And you've done it again in this thread.

> The comments I have made in between have been my
> opinion and unless you can find these posts you will be making
> yourself look even more stupid.

No, you're the one looking stupid. You're denying it when you've done it as recently as this thread!

> The funny thing is the fact that I post in the PS2 forum about once
> a week and even then I sometimes don't post from month to month
> sometimes in this forum.

And when you do, it's something negative.

You don't have a PS2, you don't like the PS2. Nothing at all wrong with that. But you come here anyway, and rubbish the machine and its software. Surely even you must have expected someone to comment on it sooner or later? And then you want to take issue with them when they do?

> You are making yourself look like a sad barstuard going back over posts
> from a chat forum

Once again, I'm not going back over any posts. And since when was having a decent memory sad? Still, if you really think you only made one single fanboy post, you obviously DON'T have a decent memory. Good luck with your education, goldfish boy.

> The very post which I look back on and laugh at because I can remember
> how I felt at the time.

So... I'm the sad one for remembering, but you actually have a copy of the post? Is it stuck to your bedroom wall, perchance? (I won't ask what it's stuck there with...)

You'll have to excuse me for not looking for more, but as much as I'm enjoying our little contretemps (look it up), you're simply not worth that much effort.

I suspect the only reason that you keep mentioning it is because you know full well that no-one in their right mind would go looking through over a years worth of posts just to prove a point. At least, not on a forum lacking a decent topic search engine.

Unlike you (apparently) I don't bookmark or keep copies of every thread I've ever posted in or taken exception to. Maybe you'd like to re-post that first topic here and share your wisdom with us once more?

> Oh and by the way, the Television was invented and we now have
> different motor vehicles which go over 10mph!!! Just in case you
> missed this in your time warp I thought I would point it out.

And you call me an idiot?
Tue 10/06/03 at 22:51
Regular
ALASTAIR V CHEMICAL BROTHER
Round 7(ding ding):-)
Tue 10/06/03 at 22:50
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> I am no longer a pathetic newbie like you are
> today.

Don't be such an idiot.

Although in fairness just because the PS2 has sold the most, it doesn't mean it's the best, however I am saying nothing more on the subject.

And about the newbie comment, grow up. Seriously.
Tue 10/06/03 at 22:38
Regular
You have to be the most pathetic and imature person I have come across on these forums.

First off this is the only account I have ever had with SR and although I have changed my user name a few times I have never been deleted and I haven't suddenly wanted to change an account.

Secondly as garbe123 my first post was against everything apart from the Xbox. You must be pretty sad to remember that far back as it was over 400 days a go now. Since then I have purchased a Dreamcast and GameCube and my views have changed. What's your problem? Everyone changes. You being the pr*ck that you are can't obviously see past this and realise that since then nobody has said anything about it. Shock horror, to your surprise it was only one post and it was OVER 400 Days a go. You may have been stuck in a time warp but since then my life has changed and I am no longer a pathetic newbie like you are today.

I sense you are wookie or someone who was around when he was because he was the only person I had a big problem with. I haven't even seen you around on these forums before but you obviously think you have the authority to accuse me of alleged posts against the PS2 when quite frankly I have better things to do with my life. Still can't find these posts? Check your bedroom wall. You seem to have my life history rapped up somewhere in your tiny world so maybe its time to unravel all of these posts. Don't you think?!

Many different people do these posts for certain consoles. Even some of the Notables have done it in the past but it is forgotten. Get yourself a hobby and forget about the one post which I did. The very post which I look back on and laugh at because I can remember how I felt at the time. The comments I have made in between have been my opinion and unless you can find these posts you will be making yourself look even more stupid. The funny thing is the fact that I post in the PS2 forum about once a week and even then I sometimes don't post from month to month sometimes in this forum.

Stop being an idiot who has obviously been banned or changed accounts because I have never even seen you around here before. You are making yourself look like a sad barstuard going back over posts from a chat forum and its time you moved on like most normal people have.

Oh and by the way, the Television was invented and we now have different motor vehicles which go over 10mph!!! Just in case you missed this in your time warp I thought I would point it out.
Tue 10/06/03 at 21:34
Regular
"Wobble"
Dr Duck wrote:
> One of you likes the PS2, the other doesn't.

Sorry, but this is nothing to do with me liking PS2 and him not. This is about his constant, tiresome slagging of the machine when anyone says something positive about it.

I like my PS2, sure. It's great as far as games consoles go, but I have been disappointed with the software releases over the last 3 or 4 months.

But I'm disappointed with the other formats too. My Xbox is on its 2nd HD, and in my opinion there hasn't been a decent game available for it since Splinter Cell last year. Still, I'm not chasing through the forums looking for any post commending the machine just to have a dig at it.

There are many others on these boards who also dislike the PS2, but I haven't blasted them - there's no need to, because they don't all go trawling through the threads looking for any remotely pro-PS2 comments just to add some snide comment. Which is exactly what this little ... seems to do. Then he tries to deny it and come across as some sort of intellectual.

These may only be words on a forum, but as with any other area in life, you can only put up with so much crap from one person before you simply have to say something about it.

Anyway, I'm off for now, so I bid you all a very good night.

Well, most of you. ;-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.