GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Can anyone explain the "Third Place" adds..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 23/10/01 at 22:22
Regular
Anyone???

I really don't understand them./ They seem to say that after playing your PS2 you will feel a sudden urge to either dive into blood water of sleep next to the washing machine (the dog one)

can ANYONE tell me what they mean??
Wed 24/10/01 at 21:28
u suggested it by saying to people say it in a irish accent
Wed 24/10/01 at 21:26
Regular
Silent85 wrote:
> big_slow wrote:
> Silent85 wrote:
> It means in reality and fantasy PS2
> can go to both the
> places so it is in the
> 3rd place

and it
> aint a faeces place u
> prat

whos a prat and what are u talking
> about

I am on about Edgy's post saying the PS2 is rubbish

When did I say "The PS2 is rubbish"?
Wed 24/10/01 at 21:18
What was the point diving into the blood stained sea knowing that there is no land near?
Wed 24/10/01 at 21:16
Regular
ok
firstly you have to remember that the third place is a (this must be the tenth time i have written this) state of consiousness between the dream world and the waking world, in the third place you have a hightened sense of awareness and everything in the third place is shall we say "weird"

Sony use the Wolfman,fish guts,and the floaty head dude, because they are weird, and they suit the Third Place theme
and because they will stick in your head.

i mean come on how can you forget.."I AM TEETH I AM FUR I AM DRIBBLE I AM WOLF MAN, MY ROCKET IS MADE FROM PURE CARBON AND SMASHES THROUGH PLANETS!!"

besides you arent supposed to understand them they are supposed to make you go" what the hell was that?"

oo
did anyone get the letter from some phillapeno kid asking you to play F1 2001 really well to show his brother that you are good at the game?
yup you heard me

sony sent out "hand written" letters to everyone who registed their PS2 with a "ripped out" page from a PS2 mag it was telling you about the F1 2001 competition sony was running at the time.. Genius i tell you Genius
Wed 24/10/01 at 21:13
Probably a Marketing Studies (or whatever it's called) student trying to do a "Shigsy" and leap frog the industry into legendary status.
Wed 24/10/01 at 21:09
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
I believe that adverts that show footage are much better.

Now, with the up and coming GC and Xbox, expect adverts with loads of impressive footage of games. People will see the fantastic graphics for the first time and will probably more inclined to go and buy one. Oh, that 3rd place thing is messed up. The guy who thought of it doesn't even know what it means!
Wed 24/10/01 at 21:01
See what I just did there? Well, think of the PS2 ads for an explanation.
Wed 24/10/01 at 20:59
I think the purpose of the ads are to confuse the viewer so much so that they just give up and buy the damn console, instead of just trying to work out what the "hidden message" meant.
Wed 24/10/01 at 20:46
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Wierd they are all wierd :o)

The dog one? BAH! He like taps his/her paws on the floor and makes a tapping noise. What the hell?
Wed 24/10/01 at 20:38
big_slow wrote:
> Silent85 wrote:
> It means in reality and fantasy PS2 can go to both the
> places so it is in the
> 3rd place

and it aint a faeces place u
> prat

whos a prat and what are u talking about

I am on about Edgy's post saying the PS2 is rubbish

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.