GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Zelda is quite possibly the....."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker'.
Tue 10/06/03 at 16:36
Regular
...best game i've ever played.

Ever.

I've only been playing it for 3 days and i'm proper bumming it now.

I've never ever played a Zelda game before this, so its all new to me and I love it.

The graphics are by far the best i've EVER seen.

Yes. The best.

And there is so much stuff to do! Argh I cannot beleive how good this game is! Especially sailing the oceans, thats fun. And the idea of controlling the wind.

I defeated the first boss at about 3am this morning. *Jaw Drops* Graphiccly stunning. Amazing!

Nintendo have seriously pulled off a fantastic game.

Oh and take a look at this: -

www.geocities.com/gamezfreakstuff/compare

Agree? I do. They are both similar.
Thu 12/06/03 at 13:50
Regular
"Double Dash!!!!!!!!"
SireSmith wrote:
> Maybe i'm just different.
or demented
Thu 12/06/03 at 13:50
Regular
"Same as above^"
Maybe i'm just different.
Thu 12/06/03 at 13:49
Regular
"Double Dash!!!!!!!!"
SireSmith wrote:
> I was sat on the edge of my seat waiting for the release. Now i'm sat
> back in my seat waiting for the game to end so i can back to something
> worth playing. I'm not saying it's awfull just dissapointing and
> nowhere near as good as you all make it out to be.

How come the minds of so many people and professional game reviewers disagree with you and give it 95% plus
Thu 12/06/03 at 13:41
Regular
"Same as above^"
I was sat on the edge of my seat waiting for the release. Now i'm sat back in my seat waiting for the game to end so i can back to something worth playing. I'm not saying it's awfull just dissapointing and nowhere near as good as you all make it out to be.
Thu 12/06/03 at 13:37
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
It's all down to personal opinion of course. OoT is still regarded as the better game, due to a few slight flaws in Wind Waker (sailing can get tedious, though I don't mind it, and the size and amount on dungeons), but there are quite a few elements in TWW that are far superior.

It's also about expectations. Nowadays I don't get caught in the hype machine that accompanies big games like The Wind Waker, Metroid etc, so I take them at face value, not as a magazine hypes it up to be. I didn't have huge expectaions about TWW, I looked foward to it of course, but I didn't keep hoping it was going to be the best game ever, so it never let me down because I didn't have deluded expectations about it.
Thu 12/06/03 at 13:31
Regular
"Same as above^"
Still a disapointment!
Thu 12/06/03 at 13:30
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
SireSmith wrote:
> The zelda is the biggest disapointment in gaming history.

I wouldn't go that far, remember The Getaway?

> The characters are porley designed

In what way? Each character is unique and oozes style. Look at how different each member of Outset and Windfall Islands are. They all look different, with many having funny little quirks (the kid on Outset Island with the snot in his nose cracks me all the time). In fact, I'd say The Wind Waker has the best character designs in gaming history.

> the story is boring

I wouldn't say it's boring, just a tried and tested formula.

> the fighting system is dull an unoriginal.

The fighting engine is superb, and way better the OoT due to the increased control precision. The lock-on works perfectly and the counter-attack moves are great.
Thu 12/06/03 at 13:24
Regular
"Same as above^"
The new zelda is...
Thu 12/06/03 at 13:23
Regular
"Same as above^"
I dissagree. The zelda is the biggest disapointment in gaming history. The characters are porley designed, the story is boring and the fighting system is dull an unoriginal. Ocarina of time is still the best game ever made. no exceptions!
Thu 12/06/03 at 10:58
Regular
"you've got a beard"
gamezfreak wrote:
> Oh yeah.
>
> What the tuck are "Joy Pendants" for?

you give 20 to the teacher on WIndfall and get her house (which is where a triforce map is) and then give her another 60 for an itemlater in the game :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.