GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Will Sony Handheld outsell Gameboy?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 10/06/03 at 19:10
Regular
With sony now entering the handheld region of gaming will there console outsell the Gameboy and GBA? Do you think Sony can beat the Big N or do you think Nintendo's experience in the market wil put them ahead of the rivals?
Tue 10/06/03 at 19:10
Regular
"No Way"
With sony now entering the handheld region of gaming will there console outsell the Gameboy and GBA? Do you think Sony can beat the Big N or do you think Nintendo's experience in the market wil put them ahead of the rivals?
Tue 10/06/03 at 19:20
"cheerios"
I reckon sony will sell a lot but then nintendo will relase another needless gba extra which will put them back on top...
Tue 10/06/03 at 20:09
Regular
"Bring the beat back"
Sony always do well with selling game consoles so they will do well with the handheld probably. I'm not sure it will be ableto beat Nintendo but it will be a challenge for them.
Tue 10/06/03 at 20:11
Regular
It will probably do well but it won't beat Nintendo. Most people already have a GBA/SP so I doubt everyone will spend more cash on the sony handheld.
Tue 10/06/03 at 20:17
Regular
"we escape....."
It's a tough one but the gameboy has remind so strong since 1988 it's outsold everything. Sony would need to produce something very impressive to compete.
Tue 10/06/03 at 20:28
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I think Nintendo have the experience to be able to cope with an attack from Sony. But that said, Sony did make a surprise success with the PS1, beating the very experienced SEGA with the DC, so maybe the underdog can make a fair old attempt again? But I doubt it.

I'll keep an eye on the sony handheld though because the newest GB version I have is the GBC and I have only 1 game for it, so maybe a Sony handheld could be a bit fresher and have more original games?

So I'll hold off and not bother with the GBA/SP for now because Nintendo are bound to release another handheld around the same time as Sony
Tue 10/06/03 at 22:35
Regular
Sony's handheld has PS1 ports... so no not more original games.

Wario Ware... best game ever?
Tue 10/06/03 at 23:09
Regular
Wario Ware - best designed Game Boy Advance game (see my review) but not the best game ever.
Thu 12/06/03 at 00:02
Regular
Another hand held from Nintendo or even Sony's handheld are far way off - well 1.5 years, thats long enough for me. I just got a GBA SP recently and so far its been well worth. It doesnt matter about power and 3D capability, there are already some great games out on the GBA that you'll miss. Besides, a new console will take at least six months to start to take off.
Thu 12/06/03 at 01:06
"I love yo... lamp."
Y'all forgotten about the Nokia N gage? It is meant to have support from Sega. I fancy getting one anyway. Just to be different.

I don't think that it will be a success, but fair go to Nokia for having a shot. The same with Microsoft and the Xbox.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.