GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"make me go "ooo""

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 23/10/01 at 20:32
Regular
come on people tell me something i didnt know..not something sciency or like that
i want you to tell me something that makes me go"wow i did not know that"
like did you know that all pandas are left handed?
stuff like that
dont just randomly make stuff up it has to be real or to the best of your knowledge be real.

so come on wow me
Tue 23/10/01 at 20:54
Regular
A baboon called "Jackie" became a private in the South African army in World War I.
Tue 23/10/01 at 20:55
Regular
The two-foot long bird called a Kea that lives in New Zealand likes to eat the strips of rubber around car windows!

Most lipstick contains fish scales!

Skepticisms is the longest word that alternates hands when typing!

One ragweed plant can release as many as one billion grains of pollen!

It's illegal to drink beer out of a bucket while you're sitting on a curb in St. Louis!

The first product to have a bar code was Wrigleys gum!

No piece of square dry paper can be folded more than 7 times in half!

A group of geese on the ground is a gaggle, a group of geese in the air is a skein!

Over 2500 left handed people a year are killed from using products made for right handed people!

There are more than 10 million bricks in the Empire State Building!

If you counted 24 hours a day, it would take 31,688 years to reach one trillion!

Taphephobia is the fear of being buried alive!

A crocodile always grows new teeth to replace the old teeth!

The sun is 330,330 times larger than the earth!

Clinophobia is the fear of beds!

A 'jiffy' is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second!

Porcupines float in water!

You can save piles of $$$ by ordering your CDs online! Click Here for details.

Pinocchio is Italian for "pine eye"!

The sentence "The quick brown fox jumps over a lazy dog." uses every letter of the alphabet!

The average life span of a major league baseball is 5-7 pitches!

The Mint once considered producing doughnut-shaped coins!

The only 15 letter word that can be spelled without repeating a letter is "uncopyrightable"!

The longest recorded flight of a chicken is 13 seconds!

The sloth (a mammal) moves so slowly that green algae can grow undisturbed on its fur!

Cat urine glows under a black-light!

The world's termites outweigh the world's humans 10 to 1!

The electric chair was invented by a dentist!

Windmills always turn counter-clockwise. Except for the windmills in Ireland!

A hedgehog's heart beats 300 times a minute on average!

Camels have three eyelids to protect themselves from blowing sand!
Tue 23/10/01 at 20:56
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
I am the Tarrant wrote:
> In 1972 a team of crack commandoes were sent to a maximum security stockade for
> a crime they didn't comit!

They promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today,
still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no-one
else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the A-Team.

*a team theme plays in my head : )
Regular
Good old copy and paste! :-D
Regular
"Wasting away"
A 200 year old piece of Tibetan cheese was auctioned off for $1,513 in 1993.

A B-25 bomber airplane crashed into the 79th floor of the Empire State Building on July 28, 1945.

A golden razor removed from King Tut's Tomb was still sharp enough to be used.

Abdul Kassam Ismael, Grand Vizier of Persia in the tenth century, carried his library with him wherever he went. The 117,000 volumes were carried by 400 camels trained to walk in alphabetical order.

According to the Encyclopedia Britannica, 11th Edition, from 1910-1911, the word toast was borrowed from the Old French toste, which has the Latin root of torrere, tostum, meaning to scorch or burn.

Acting was once considered evil, and actors in the first English play to be performed in America were arrested.
Tue 23/10/01 at 20:58
Regular
this ones for trekkies
did you know that the wright brothers plane was called "bird of prey"?!
Tue 23/10/01 at 20:59
Mr Nice Guy wrote:

Abdul Kassam Ismael, Grand Vizier of Persia
> in the tenth century, carried his library with him wherever he went. The 117,000
> volumes were carried by 400 camels trained to walk in alphabetical order.
>

I so want that to be true! Please give me the source that confirms it!
Tue 23/10/01 at 21:00
Mystique wrote:
> this ones for trekkies
did you know that the wright brothers plane was called
> "bird of prey"?!

eh?
Tue 23/10/01 at 21:00
Regular
"Wasting away"
A family of six died in Oregon during WWII as a result of a Japanese balloon bomb.

Corcoran Jump boots (Army Jump Boots) have 82 stiches on the inside of the sole and 101 stitches on the outside of the sole in honor of the 82nd and 101st Airborne Divisions actions during WWII.

During conscription for WWII, there were nine documented cases of men with three testicles. (Source: N/A)

During World War II, it took the U.S. only four days to build a ship.

During World War II, the Navajo language was used successfully as a code by the U.S.

During World War II, W.C. Fields kept US $50,000 in Germany 'in case the little b*stard wins'.

During World War II, world champion chess player, Reuben Fine, helped the U.S. calculate were enemy submarines might surface based on positional probability.

During WWII, Americans tried to train bats to drop bombs.

Escape maps, compasses, and files were inserted into Monopoly game boards and smuggled into POW camps inside Germany during W.W.II; real money for escapees was slipped into the packs of Monopoly money.

John has a long moustache was the coded-signal used by the French Resistance in WWII to mobilize their forces once the Allies had landed on the Normandy beaches.

Kotex was first manufactured as bandages, during World War II.

Playing cards were issued to British pilots in WWII. If captured, they could be soaked in water and unfolded to reveal a map for escape.

Prior to World War II, when guards were posted at the fence, anyone could wander right up to the front door of the U.S. President's residence, the White House.

Ringo Starr was born during a WWII air raid. (Source: N/A)

The first atomic bomb dropped on Japan fell from the Enola Gay, named after the unit commander's mother. The second dropped from a plane known as Bock's Car.

The term the whole nine yards came from WWII fighter pilots in the Pacific. When arming their planes on th ground, the .50 caliber machine gun ammo belts measured exactly 27 feet, before being loaded into the fuselage. If the pilots fired all their ammo at a target, it got the whole nine yards.

The universally popular Hershey bar was used overseas during World War II as currency. (Source: N/A)

The very first bomb dropped by the Allies on Berlin during World War II killed the only elephant in the Berlin Zoo

World War II involved over 57 countries.
Tue 23/10/01 at 21:01
Regular
According to British law passed in 1845, attempting to commit suicide was a capital offense. Offenders could be hanged for trying.

Dueling is legal in Paraguay as long as both parties are registered blood donors.

In Alaska it is illegal to shoot at a moose from the window of an aeroplane or other flying vehicle.

In Athens, Greece, a driver's license can be taken away by law if the driver is deemed either "unbathed" or "poorly dressed".

In Baltimore USA it is illegal to wash or scrub a sink regardless of how dirty it is

In Hartford, Connecticut, it is illegal for a husband to kiss his wife on Sundays.

In Jasmine, Saskatchewan, it is illegal for a cow to moo within 300 km of a private home.

In Texas, it is illegal to put graffiti on someone else's cow.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.