GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Enter the Matrix, Final Fantasy X-2, and TimeSplitters 2."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 10/06/03 at 23:32
Regular
Hi, to anyone who remembers me, and hi to anyone who doesn`t! Bit of a mixed topic this, mostly because I haven't been around for some time, and have a few things to talk about which are spread over a long period of time. Anyway, here goes:

Final Fantasy X-2 - I subscribe to PSM2, and saw the two FFX2 videos on the last DVD. I remember thinking with Final Fantasy 7 that if I hadn't given the game a chance, that I would really have missed something special, so I'm determined not to be put off by some of the strange new things that have been added. I'll wait and see how the games turn out, and hope for the best.

However, one thing that really deserves a mention, or rather one person, Rikku. Okay, its sad I know, but forget Lara Croft, if you want to fall for a computer generated character, then you should really check out Rikku!

Enter The Matrix - Having seen the second movie, and knowing that the game tries hard to stick to a similar style, I'm guessing the game is all about action, and tends to forget about keeping the details and plot flowing nicely. Still, for a game of this kind, it probably won't matter, but I still haven't seen a review yet, so I really don't know. I had a read through the Matrix topic, and that's only put more doubt in my mind. It seemed quite shallow, even if it was fun for a few hours. Anybody got any trustworthy review scores?

TimeSplitters 2 - The reason I've been posting less recently is exams, again! However, for breaks during long days of revision, it was fun to turn on the old PS2 and give TS2 a go for a while. It had been on pause for some time, but I really found myself getting back into it. I still have a couple of challenges to bring up to gold, but I really feel like the game has come a long way. One thing I am curious about though is the platinum medals. I have several, but they are all in arcade league, honorary and elite. I was wondering if there were any in beginner series, or more importantly, in challenge mode.

I was beginning to doubt there were platinums in either - I thought 120,000 in behead the undead was pretty good, but I have heard rumours that 150,000 is the mark. As for beginner series, I've completed challenges in less than a quarter of the time, but still received no medal. I really hope the game doesn't expect you to get all the platinums, because if so, I'll probably never complete it!

Ah well, anything else been happening?
Sat 14/06/03 at 22:00
"period drama"
You seen the FFX-2 intro?
Rikku looks DAMN fine ....
Sat 14/06/03 at 20:35
Regular
"Same as above^"
Cause they know the can, and they go for a more natural beauty not the classic sexy but deadly look.
Sat 14/06/03 at 20:32
" Crazy!"
Square probably do it on purpose.
Sat 14/06/03 at 20:15
Regular
"Same as above^"
I agree. Most final fantasy women are quite atractive. Dead or Alive women are not!
Sat 14/06/03 at 20:11
" Crazy!"
I personnaly thought that in some scenes in Final Fantasy X, when her hair looked good and curled and when you get a shot of t!ts, Yuna was hot.
Sat 14/06/03 at 20:09
Regular
"Same as above^"
ssxpro wrote:

> However, one thing that really deserves a mention, or rather one
> person, Rikku. Okay, its sad I know, but forget Lara Croft, if you
> want to fall for a computer generated character, then you should
> really check out Rikku!

As long as warm blood flows through our veins we have a right to marvel at things like this. She does look damn hot!
Sat 14/06/03 at 19:55
" Crazy!"
If you are talking about Timesplitters 2, I have that, got it for Xmas but only been on it about 5 times. I guess I'mmissing out, O well I got GTA 3 today, not to menti Socom and TMB Online earlier in the week, Timespliteters 2 shall have to wait.
Sat 14/06/03 at 19:47
Regular
Gretel! Cool! My brother uses her/it a lot as well. The two of us go round arcade mode as a pair, R-109 and Gretel Mk II together, obliterating the opposition.

The advantage R-109 has is that he tends to last a little longer under heavy fire, but Gretel's speed makes up for that in that she can dodge most things if you have fast enough reactions.

Hope you get your copy back soon FFF!
Sat 14/06/03 at 13:28
"period drama"
I usually pick Gretel Mk II (something like that) she/it is pretty cool.
Or Viola.

The thing is, I leant TS2 out to my sister's boyfriend - which is even worse than lending to your mates.
Gah.
*Sulks*
Sat 14/06/03 at 13:07
Regular
I've got enter the Matrix, but i don't like it that much, if it wer'nt for bullet time gameplay the game would probably be one of the worst i have ever played.

The whole thing feels like a demo level, it is so evident that they rushed it to coinside with the film.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.