GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"NGC, 12th, Splinter Cell Demo?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell'.
Wed 11/06/03 at 09:21
Regular
That is correct? ?
Wed 11/06/03 at 19:58
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I wasn't really expecting a demo, to be honest.
Wed 11/06/03 at 19:53
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Which they didn't.
Wed 11/06/03 at 19:47
Regular
Well NGC never actually say what their free gift will be. It would be kind of stupid though, if subscribers didn't get the free demo.
Wed 11/06/03 at 19:39
Regular
"bit of a brain"
And if this demo wasn't advertised, it doesn't make much sense.
Wed 11/06/03 at 19:37
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Surely WHSmiths sell more magazines that Woolworths.
Only letting Woolworths having the magazine would be foolish.
Wed 11/06/03 at 19:31
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
tigamilla wrote:
> Come on people why would they only want to supply it to Woolworths??

Here's my reasoning on this.

Demographically the average Gamecube owner is probably at an age where the magazine is bought for them or similar. Don't go nuts over this, I'm not saying all Gamecube owners are kids, just that a lot will be.

They see the demo is only available from Woolworth, hence a parent or themselves goes into Woolworths, has to walk past all the displays and offers, and get the magazine. Odds are they will not walk in, walk out, but will also look at the store and buy something else. This outweighs the small cost of doing a demo, which Activision will have paid Woolworths a certain amount for anyway. Woolworth's core customers are parents and younger/teen kids, both of which are driven into the store by this promotion.

In the case of those unable to get to Woolworths, some may still buy the game anyway as they know they cannot get the demo anymore.

It's called driving footfalls, and it's pretty effective in most cases. A side effect is NGC p*ss off their subscribers, but they have your money so they're not worried...
Wed 11/06/03 at 19:09
Regular
Memorandum wrote:
> I got my subscription copy today.
>
> No demo.

That pretty much explains it all.
Wed 11/06/03 at 18:15
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Come on people why would they only want to supply it to Woolworths?? Ive always got my NGC from Tescos and I dont see why they shouldnt have it this month simply because theres a fancy coverdisc stuck to the cover.
Wed 11/06/03 at 17:52
Regular
Who got the idea that NGC was making a demo disc anyway? From where? Can I see some proof?
Wed 11/06/03 at 17:16
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Woolworth's make their own discs now do they?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.