GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"NGC, 12th, Splinter Cell Demo?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell'.
Wed 11/06/03 at 09:21
Regular
That is correct? ?
Fri 13/06/03 at 21:40
Regular
Maybe I'll send them an e-mail...should I?
Fri 13/06/03 at 21:01
Regular
"Omnipresent"
Lipe wrote:
> It's abit stupid. NGC subscribers get no demos but the people who buy
> it in the shops though? What a load of bullsh*t.

i agree. It's like a poke in the eye to the loyal fanbase. If they want the demo, they'll have to buy a 2nd NGC.
Fri 13/06/03 at 19:47
Regular
I got last months issue of NGC from WHSMITHS and recieved two free batterys and after view news on Gamesradar who is ran by Future Publishers (who make NGC mag as well as other mags for various consols and computers and operating systems), I read that Splinter Cell demo was going to be exclusivly available with it from woolworths and it is ture it is available with it from woolworths. If you don't recieve it this month go to Morrisons next month were they will be repeating the offer.
Fri 13/06/03 at 18:32
Regular
It's abit stupid. NGC subscribers get no demos but the people who buy it in the shops though? What a load of bullsh*t.
Thu 12/06/03 at 21:25
Regular
"Im a Daddy :-)"
It true a gc demo!! Ive got splinter cell on the xbox but wanted
to try the gc version... theres a demo! perfect I thought but could
not find an ad for it anywhere, so I phoned up and asked if they did have
any of the said demo I was then told that the demo disks were in the shop last week and they had now been sent back!...WHAT!!! As I had to go into town anyway I went in and right there sitting on the self was the new NGC mag with demo on the front. What do I think... well overall the graphics are not as good as the xbox, but they are still very good I found playing the game more easy on the game cube pad, they did a brill job of putting the controls on the little cube pad! Also love using the gba as a tool it works really well!!
Wed 11/06/03 at 23:31
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Doesn't make much sense to me, but I guess if Future want to waste money, it's up to them.
Wed 11/06/03 at 22:52
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
gerrid wrote:
> Where was the demo advertised.
> Until someone comes back from woolworths with a demo disc I won't
> believe a word of it.

Here you go Mr Sceptic Link here http://gamesradar.msn.co.uk/news/default.asp? subsectionid=160&articleid=65424&pagetype=2

Remember to remove the spacing.
Wed 11/06/03 at 22:52
"I love yo... lamp."
I don't know if there will bve a demo or not, but, WH Smith in the past have added extras onto magazines. There was a PC mag that had extra disc but it was unique to WH Smith. So it might be true.
Wed 11/06/03 at 22:48
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Where was the demo advertised.
Until someone comes back from woolworths with a demo disc I won't believe a word of it.
Wed 11/06/03 at 20:02
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
gerrid wrote:
> And if this demo wasn't advertised, it doesn't make much sense.

It was.

It does actually make sense it being Woolworths only, if you're Woolworths...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.