GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2 platinum titles"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/10/01 at 15:49
Regular
Has anyone heard any news yet of any PS2 titles following the old PSone route of becoming Platinum titles?

Yes, you've probably worked out that I'm not talking about sales figures, I want to know if we're getting £19.99 PS2 games (or even £24.99 would be good enough).

Let's face it, when the original Platinum range was launched people went nuts for PSone as games like Tekken 3 and Gran Turismo became available for less than £20.

I haven't heard any official news about it whatsoever but I'm guessing if anyone has - it'll be known in these circles!

I thought that the PS2's first anniversary would be a brilliant time to announce it - and another reason to buy a PS2 before Christmas.....
Mon 22/10/01 at 17:11
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Slaveunit wrote:
> Sony's official line on Platinum titles for the PS1 was:

"If a game is
> over a year old and sells 1 million copies then it goes platinum"

going by that smackdown 2 on the psone will soon be platinum.
Mon 22/10/01 at 17:31
i hope so!!!!!!!!!!
Mon 22/10/01 at 17:45
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
Will the PS2 be Platinum soon? ;-)
Mon 22/10/01 at 17:50
Soon my friend, soon.

*Cowers in the corner, waiting.*
Mon 22/10/01 at 19:25
Regular
Shocktrooper wrote:
> I already know for a fcat that Kemco, the developers of the great Dynasty
> Warriors series are bringing Dynasty Warriors 2 down to £19.99!

I'll be
> getting that, that's for sure! :D

SHOCKY

i have seen that it is coming down to £14.99 soon just before christmas
Mon 22/10/01 at 19:35
Regular
"Whatever!"
Im hoping Ridge Racer V goes platinum cause I dont really want to spend £35-40 on it!!
About £25-20 would be just fine!!
Mon 22/10/01 at 19:46
Regular
"Back For Good"
Midas will introduce a budget range before christmas on the PS2,with 8 games priced at £15. Platinum games for the PS1 are now around £9.99 (the same as PS1 budget) so the PS2 platinum range may just be £15 a game, even if it's £20 thats still a bargain.
Mon 22/10/01 at 19:47
Regular
"Whatever!"
Im going to pick up Dynasty Warriors 2 cause under £20 its a bargain - Plus I was quite impressed with the demo of it - Not exceptional but still good fun!!
Mon 22/10/01 at 19:51
Regular
"You Bum!!"
I liked the demo too. Nice slashing action. Might get that when I have spare £20
Mon 22/10/01 at 19:54
Regular
Mattyboy wrote:
> Im going to pick up Dynasty Warriors 2 cause under £20 its a bargain -
> Plus I was quite impressed with the demo of it - Not exceptional but still good
> fun!!

what demo did you play on?
i played on one in virgin mega store and i couldnt stop playing it i think that will be a christmas present

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.