GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2 platinum titles"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/10/01 at 15:49
Regular
Has anyone heard any news yet of any PS2 titles following the old PSone route of becoming Platinum titles?

Yes, you've probably worked out that I'm not talking about sales figures, I want to know if we're getting £19.99 PS2 games (or even £24.99 would be good enough).

Let's face it, when the original Platinum range was launched people went nuts for PSone as games like Tekken 3 and Gran Turismo became available for less than £20.

I haven't heard any official news about it whatsoever but I'm guessing if anyone has - it'll be known in these circles!

I thought that the PS2's first anniversary would be a brilliant time to announce it - and another reason to buy a PS2 before Christmas.....
Tue 23/10/01 at 19:25
Regular
i will have a look now and then get the Dynasty warriors 2 demo
Tue 23/10/01 at 19:22
Regular
"Whatever!"
There should have been a regisration form in the box - Its just like a questionaire - Fill it in, send it off and they should send you a demo disc!!
Tue 23/10/01 at 19:19
Regular
Mattyboy wrote:
> Yeah - I got the demo they sent out for registering my PS2!! It only took about
> two weeks to arrive!!

how do you register it?
Tue 23/10/01 at 19:14
Regular
"Whatever!"
Yeah - I got the demo they sent out for registering my PS2!! It only took about two weeks to arrive!!
Tue 23/10/01 at 19:11
Regular
what demo i want it!!!!!!!!
Tue 23/10/01 at 18:42
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Yes thats the one I got. It took about 26 days to arrive
Tue 23/10/01 at 13:08
Regular
"Fangxforthemammarie"
You can get quite a good demo if you register your playstation. I got a second demo (first one in the box) which has ISS, Dynasty Warriors 2, NHL 2001 and Moto GP playable demos on it. It took about a month after I filled the form in from the box to get the demo but it was free so who cares how long it took
Mon 22/10/01 at 19:54
Regular
Mattyboy wrote:
> Im going to pick up Dynasty Warriors 2 cause under £20 its a bargain -
> Plus I was quite impressed with the demo of it - Not exceptional but still good
> fun!!

what demo did you play on?
i played on one in virgin mega store and i couldnt stop playing it i think that will be a christmas present
Mon 22/10/01 at 19:51
Regular
"You Bum!!"
I liked the demo too. Nice slashing action. Might get that when I have spare £20
Mon 22/10/01 at 19:47
Regular
"Whatever!"
Im going to pick up Dynasty Warriors 2 cause under £20 its a bargain - Plus I was quite impressed with the demo of it - Not exceptional but still good fun!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.