GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2 Sales go wild!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/10/01 at 15:41
Regular
Figures just out are showing that the PS2's sales in September were almost double that of August. September's figure was at around 130,000 which compared to August's 68,000 is quite a huge jump.

Sure, it's that gradual run up towards Christmas but who would have thought that a £70 price drop would suddenly spark such a dramatic upturn in sales?

The really spooky thing is that the PS2's price drop didn't even come into effect until the very end of the month therefore the sales for this month (October) could be even higher than those in September which would be incredible.

The question now is of course - how do Nintendo and Microsoft deal with Sony now that they've started grabbing a serious share of the next gen market?
No doubt the gamecube and Xbox will sell well but as the next batch of games (Metal Gear 2, Pro Evo etc) start to appear can they really compete?

It looks like the latest movies from Xbox and Gamecube do indeed look spectacular but despite a poor start from Sony there are now genuinely inspiring titles available.

I'm starting to think that Microsoft and Nintendo have a serious fight on their hands even though the PS2 is already almost a year old.
Tue 23/10/01 at 17:15
Where...

ah there...

PS2 rules...
Tue 23/10/01 at 17:12
Here here!
Tue 23/10/01 at 17:09
PS2 is the King thats why...
Tue 23/10/01 at 17:06
shows all those nintys :P
Tue 23/10/01 at 16:08
Crikey, I hadn't thought about it like that!!

68,429 PS2's were sold in August.

131,013 PS2's were sold in September.

So that's quite an achievement!
Tue 23/10/01 at 14:37
Regular
MR.COATES wrote:
> September's figure was at around 130,000

Hehe! Thats three per minute! (Just over). Sony are doing pretty well!
Tue 23/10/01 at 12:56
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
So would I, seeing as I'd have to extend my house for the X-Box, the GC would neatly go in the cupboard....

:S
Tue 23/10/01 at 09:22
I know that I'd pick the Gamecube over Xbox based on games and looks.
Mon 22/10/01 at 22:07
Regular
"accidental superher"
lol
Mon 22/10/01 at 21:52
god knows who designed it hey i haven't seen stevie wonder doing any music lately maybe he's getting into the console design area

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.