GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The purchase you most regret"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 12/06/03 at 15:21
Regular
We all do it sometimes. When you buy things you really shouldn't have, and you regret it, normally selling it on eBay for 50-75% of it's original price.

So, what purchase do you regret the most?

I regret buying my US GC. I sold it on eBay a month ago for about 50% of it's original price. Painful.
Fri 13/06/03 at 10:53
Regular
"8==="
Shocktrooper wrote:
> I didn't actually buy it, my dad did, but Charlie Blast's Territory
> (N64) is utter vile.
>
I liked it. I got it for about 5 quid though. Bomberman meets some PC bomb game where you have to cover the most squares with your bombs colour.
Fri 13/06/03 at 12:37
Frantic Flea on the SNES.

A few years ago, where my parents controlled all my purchases, I had the rare chance to get a £30 game... and it was between this and some Phantom game which previously got 70% in a mag. Suffice to say I chose the wrong one.
Fri 13/06/03 at 12:47
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Mine was probably 'The Last Report' on the PSone.
99.99% of the time I know about the game I'm about to purchase, but I saw it on the shop shelf and thought it looked intersting/novel, so I bought it.

It's a kind of point and click adventure where I think you play a newspaper reporter if I remember correctly. The downside to the game was that it was utter crap. The puzzles made little sense, you died often without knowing how or why you perished, and there were lots of niggly little flaws that made playing a more horrid experience than wiping your bum with barbed wire instead of toilet paper.

In the shop it looked good, but the reality was that it was crap.
I have since learnt my lesson and don't buy games on blind faith.
Fri 13/06/03 at 19:55
Regular
"everyone says it"
I regret buying my XBox.

Could have saved 160£ a year ago.
Fri 13/06/03 at 19:57
Regular
I remember getting Turok: Rage Wars as an SR free gift, playing it for about 10 mins when I got home, then realising it was crap.
Fri 13/06/03 at 20:04
Regular
"Baros!!!"
I was going to buy Turok Evolution, but I chose it for a GAD instead. Only played the first and second level, and then ended up not playing on it again.
Fri 13/06/03 at 20:05
Regular
I actually liked Evolution, thought it was ok, and was getting quite far.

But then I played Metroid Prime.
Fri 13/06/03 at 21:05
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
Tropico for PC, bought it last year for £20, played it for a couple of hours then forgot it, to add insult to injury seeing it priced at £4.99 in HMV yeserday so i'll never be able to get rid of it!
Sat 14/06/03 at 02:12
Regular
Xbox

Becasue it is just sitting here under my PC sourcing all its power (err...collecting dust)

Only becasue I dont have a Tv to use it on mind. TV in my room is linked up to a PS2 and the big screen downsairs is linked to a DVD player/Amiga 600/GameCube/Video/Cable box

I will get a new TV for the spare room and hook the xbox up to that...sometime this year.
Sat 14/06/03 at 02:24
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
South park 64.

*weeps*

Curse you NOM!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.