GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is Perfectdark a follow up to Goldeneye or is T.W.I.N.E ?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/10/01 at 08:47
Regular
There are a few romours going araund that perfect dark is a sequel to Goldeneye, but you could argue that T.W.I.N.E is a follow up, but it isn't made by the same company that made Goldeneye.

I'm confused, does anyone know if either of them is a follow up?
Mon 22/10/01 at 22:12
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
PD is definatley a follow up to Goldeneye, not TWINE. As Foggie said, the weapons and levels etc are the same.
Mon 22/10/01 at 22:00
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Well PD is obviously a closer sequel to Goldeneye than TWINE because of the obvious facts, the same guns and levesl are used in PD that are in Goldeneye, although TWINE is a Bond game, that doesn't matter.
Mon 22/10/01 at 21:37
Regular
TWINE is a big pile of pap, just thought I would share that
Mon 22/10/01 at 20:37
Wasn't PD made by Rare?
Mon 22/10/01 at 20:30
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Neither. TWINE is made by someone else, and PD is set in the future.

So THAT settles it :D
Mon 22/10/01 at 20:00
Regular
If you're talking about a storyline point of view, then it's TWINE.

If you're talking from a games design point of view then it's PD.

TWINE follows on in the James Bond series (so it follows on from the Goldeneye plot - yes, with Tomorrow Never Dies inbetween them.), while Perfect Dark gamer's follow up.

It was another first person shooter which was Goldeneye with updated graphics, new weapons, more ideas, new plot and character and new levels.

I think that settles it.
Mon 22/10/01 at 17:03
Regular
"Digging!"
PD because it was made by rare and T.W.I.N.E was made by ea.

T.W.I.N.E is not as good as ether of the rare games anyway.
Mon 22/10/01 at 15:57
I know they didn't want the licenseand they do have the Temple and the Complex from Goldeneye.
Mon 22/10/01 at 15:55
There's definately some confusion over this
Mon 22/10/01 at 15:46
Purely Fiction wrote:
> Neither are follow ups. EA made T.W.I.N.E and although Rare made PD it has
> neither a James Bond License [obviously] nor James Bond himself. Obviously
> TWINE is closer but as it is an EA game.

ha, they didnt want a license. in the official guide it says rare wanted to make there own story lines freely. plus PD has some goldeneye levels

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.