GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Playstation Classics"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 13/06/03 at 00:03
Regular
Basicly, im after some old PS1 gems. I know theres loads i missed out on as at the time i just couldnt afford them all. These days buying PS1 games is almost like buying a 1p penny mix...just a little bit more expensive though.

So any suggestions on old classics that might not have got the attention they deserved?

As of right now, im currently hunting a game known as Little Big Adventure. Had it once, want it again. Found it on ebay but im really not wanting to use ebay, but other options are failing to come along.

Anyway, PS1 classics anyone? And dont go for the ones we all know and own, so dont start off with Metal Gear of Gran Turismo...
Sat 14/06/03 at 20:46
Regular
Breath of Fire 4.
Sat 14/06/03 at 20:46
Regular
Bishi Bashi Special.
Sat 14/06/03 at 16:45
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
Penny Racers was another racer, not very good though, and I remember one with looney toons characters too, can't remember its name though.
Sat 14/06/03 at 13:29
Regular
How about the original Kain, that looked quite good.
Grandia, if u never played it, one of the best games ever!
Wild Arms was quite good.
Sat 14/06/03 at 13:27
Regular
I think your on about Street Racer, it was a kart racer where everyone had special moves, the only character i can remember was a farmer like guy who wore a hat, had a piece of straw in his mouth and flew a red plane.
Sat 14/06/03 at 13:23
"period drama"
Nah, that ain't Speed Freaks - standard weapons for all, no special moves there.

I can't really think of any other kart racers except this and Crash Team Racing (which was also pretty damn good). There were a few, mostly based on some long-dead cartoonn series, and Chocobo Racing .... but let's just skip past that one.
Sat 14/06/03 at 01:19
Regular
Heh!

Was Speed Freaks that really cool Mario Kart spin off where each character had a special move? Or am I thinking of something else that was released VERY early on with the PSONE. I am thinking of something else I think but when I remember the name I will post it.
Fri 13/06/03 at 23:00
Regular
"Same as above^"
Klonoa was a pretty decent game for the 10 mins it takes to get 100%.
Fri 13/06/03 at 22:32
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Damn it FM .... looking at that list ... I just wanna go play all my
> old games.

Good :) Getting people interested in games and playing them is one of my life goals. Trouble is I get myself keyed up too, I just spent another £60 buying up some old PlayStation games in town today. Rent is due. Hey ho :)
Fri 13/06/03 at 21:01
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Yea the vandal hearts games are the best, i've got them both and i love that battle system.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.