GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I'm a big kid again! Excellent!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/10/01 at 01:46
Regular
It's ok for most of you, you're all teens.
You can argue all day about which console is best and whether that girl at school would ever let you get a hand up her top after the disco and what would you do?

Then there are those of us that have to do grown-up things like work full-time and pay bills and stuff and that sucks.
Being an adult is not fun at all, trust me on this.
You have to earn money and most of it goes away again before you get the chance to spend it on rubbish.
You don't have boyfriend/girlfriends anymore, you have "partners" and it all seems very adult and responsible.

I try my best not to be an adult, be it playing in my band or writing guff here, I don't want to be a grownup. I want to have no responsibilities at all.
It all gets too serious.
Ok, there are advantages like being able to buy games whenever you want to or a console if it takes your fancy, but overall it's not much fun being an adult.
Except for November. I'm looking forward to that with childish abandonment.

November 23:
Tony Hawks 3, Smackdown 3, Silent Hill 2.
All out on the same day, the same Friday.
And I'm jumping up and down like a big baby about this.
I bought my PS2 last year, and I haven't found that I've been busting to get a game since then.
There was Black and White on the PC, but nothing really that I've sat there and thought "Ok, only (insert number here) number of weeks left until I get it"

But November 23 is different.
I'm taking that day off-work. Going down to SR (you better have those games in stock that day!) and getting all 3.
Then going home and playing like a kid, right through the weekend, stopping only for pizza and cigarette breaks.
I'm telling my "partner" that I can't go see her that weekend and my mate is doing the same.
We are settling in for top video game action all weekend.

Me and my mate went "Bloke Shopping" this weekend.
We both went to Lakeside and went round computer game shops with no guilt because our lady is outside giving you the "Should you really be in here at 28 years old?" look.
We spent 2 hrs wandering about various stores and looking at everything they had, even games for systems we don't own.
It was testosterone heaven, video-games and junk food.
No clothes shops, no bloody sitting outside smoking whilst she spent 30 mins looking at tops or anyting like that.

2 men looking at games that will be out November 23.

Makes me feel like a kid again waiting for Xmas morning.
Excellent.
Women are just fine, but there are times when a man needs his mates and video-games.

November 23.
Mark that in your man-diary.

*thumps chest*
Mon 22/10/01 at 20:56
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Big Kids!!! Yay!

I can imagine game shopping at 28, or perhaps not :o)

Bloke shopping is so much better. Ok, we go out to buy something, we look at it, buy it.

Women, go out to buy ONE thing which is a lie, they go out to buy 10+ things and moan and groan at you.

:D

Good job im only 14 then eh? Ask Shocky about my "Wild" Side :D
Mon 22/10/01 at 20:07
I'm still a kid,well til June so I have to enjoy it while it lasts.
Mon 22/10/01 at 18:10
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Goatboy wrote:
> Men with Men.
> good thing.

Err, I think I'll refrain from commenting on that ;-)
Mon 22/10/01 at 18:01
Regular
"One More Chance"
Goatboy, dident relize you liked wrestling?
Mon 22/10/01 at 18:01
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Gaming is one of the few things that keeps me sane. Adult life is boring. Bring on the games!
Mon 22/10/01 at 17:50
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
ha ha, bloke shopping theres a phrase for it is there..

Which basically means taking the bus to town there and back and saying you walked it amongst......'other things' bloke like..
Mon 22/10/01 at 17:38
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Goatboy wrote:

We may even hire a tiger to wrestle or something,just for added blokeness.
(hopes the missus doesn't see this, or there'll be no sugar for Goatboy for 2 weeks)

Heh.

tsk tsk got you right under her finger eh?
Mon 22/10/01 at 17:34
Regular
"Excommunicated"
That sounds excellent.

Being my age sucks. Childhood rocks... this phase sucks... and when I'm a student it should rock... then go downhill from there.

Ah to be 8 again.

So emmm aye...

Bloke shopping does rock.
Mon 22/10/01 at 13:29
Regular
Goatboy Wrote:We may even hire a tiger to wrestle or something,just for added blokeness.

hee hee COOL!
this week on pay per view
Mon 22/10/01 at 09:36
I go shopping alot aswell.

SPEND SPEND SPEND is my motto! :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.