GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I'm a big kid again! Excellent!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/10/01 at 01:46
Regular
It's ok for most of you, you're all teens.
You can argue all day about which console is best and whether that girl at school would ever let you get a hand up her top after the disco and what would you do?

Then there are those of us that have to do grown-up things like work full-time and pay bills and stuff and that sucks.
Being an adult is not fun at all, trust me on this.
You have to earn money and most of it goes away again before you get the chance to spend it on rubbish.
You don't have boyfriend/girlfriends anymore, you have "partners" and it all seems very adult and responsible.

I try my best not to be an adult, be it playing in my band or writing guff here, I don't want to be a grownup. I want to have no responsibilities at all.
It all gets too serious.
Ok, there are advantages like being able to buy games whenever you want to or a console if it takes your fancy, but overall it's not much fun being an adult.
Except for November. I'm looking forward to that with childish abandonment.

November 23:
Tony Hawks 3, Smackdown 3, Silent Hill 2.
All out on the same day, the same Friday.
And I'm jumping up and down like a big baby about this.
I bought my PS2 last year, and I haven't found that I've been busting to get a game since then.
There was Black and White on the PC, but nothing really that I've sat there and thought "Ok, only (insert number here) number of weeks left until I get it"

But November 23 is different.
I'm taking that day off-work. Going down to SR (you better have those games in stock that day!) and getting all 3.
Then going home and playing like a kid, right through the weekend, stopping only for pizza and cigarette breaks.
I'm telling my "partner" that I can't go see her that weekend and my mate is doing the same.
We are settling in for top video game action all weekend.

Me and my mate went "Bloke Shopping" this weekend.
We both went to Lakeside and went round computer game shops with no guilt because our lady is outside giving you the "Should you really be in here at 28 years old?" look.
We spent 2 hrs wandering about various stores and looking at everything they had, even games for systems we don't own.
It was testosterone heaven, video-games and junk food.
No clothes shops, no bloody sitting outside smoking whilst she spent 30 mins looking at tops or anyting like that.

2 men looking at games that will be out November 23.

Makes me feel like a kid again waiting for Xmas morning.
Excellent.
Women are just fine, but there are times when a man needs his mates and video-games.

November 23.
Mark that in your man-diary.

*thumps chest*
Mon 22/10/01 at 01:46
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
It's ok for most of you, you're all teens.
You can argue all day about which console is best and whether that girl at school would ever let you get a hand up her top after the disco and what would you do?

Then there are those of us that have to do grown-up things like work full-time and pay bills and stuff and that sucks.
Being an adult is not fun at all, trust me on this.
You have to earn money and most of it goes away again before you get the chance to spend it on rubbish.
You don't have boyfriend/girlfriends anymore, you have "partners" and it all seems very adult and responsible.

I try my best not to be an adult, be it playing in my band or writing guff here, I don't want to be a grownup. I want to have no responsibilities at all.
It all gets too serious.
Ok, there are advantages like being able to buy games whenever you want to or a console if it takes your fancy, but overall it's not much fun being an adult.
Except for November. I'm looking forward to that with childish abandonment.

November 23:
Tony Hawks 3, Smackdown 3, Silent Hill 2.
All out on the same day, the same Friday.
And I'm jumping up and down like a big baby about this.
I bought my PS2 last year, and I haven't found that I've been busting to get a game since then.
There was Black and White on the PC, but nothing really that I've sat there and thought "Ok, only (insert number here) number of weeks left until I get it"

But November 23 is different.
I'm taking that day off-work. Going down to SR (you better have those games in stock that day!) and getting all 3.
Then going home and playing like a kid, right through the weekend, stopping only for pizza and cigarette breaks.
I'm telling my "partner" that I can't go see her that weekend and my mate is doing the same.
We are settling in for top video game action all weekend.

Me and my mate went "Bloke Shopping" this weekend.
We both went to Lakeside and went round computer game shops with no guilt because our lady is outside giving you the "Should you really be in here at 28 years old?" look.
We spent 2 hrs wandering about various stores and looking at everything they had, even games for systems we don't own.
It was testosterone heaven, video-games and junk food.
No clothes shops, no bloody sitting outside smoking whilst she spent 30 mins looking at tops or anyting like that.

2 men looking at games that will be out November 23.

Makes me feel like a kid again waiting for Xmas morning.
Excellent.
Women are just fine, but there are times when a man needs his mates and video-games.

November 23.
Mark that in your man-diary.

*thumps chest*
Mon 22/10/01 at 01:55
Regular
"Wasting away"
I think you forgot something, I believe it is the 30th of November and that is when Alien Versus Predator 2 is too be realesed, in my opinion the most looked forward to sequel of the year and possible the most looked forward to game.

28 years old? I never knew that, I see what you mean though. From your posts I get the feeling you just wanna be young again whilst at my young age of 14, 15 on Novemeber 20th (Another day to get excited about : - ) ) then you just wanna be older again. I'm looking forward to 18 so I can leave home, go to Uni and then join the army. Get out and see the world and leave my annoying parents who you can't live or without.
Mon 22/10/01 at 01:56
Regular
*Starts walking down to Lakeside knowing it will take him about a month to get there without a car!*
Mon 22/10/01 at 02:00
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Dav1d wrote:
> *Starts walking down to Lakeside knowing it will take him about a month to get
> there without a car!*

LOL, i wasnt expecting that little twist at the end. Anyway good on you goatboy, you are only as old as you feel.
Mon 22/10/01 at 02:29
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Good for you. Bloke-shopping is great. Yes, even teenagers can go bloke-shopping. I'm getting GTA3 next Friday amd me an my mate Jonny are going to do much the same thing. Namely, spend 48 hours with no sunlight and only cereal to eat, sitting in front of a TV and PS2.
Mon 22/10/01 at 08:57
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Being a bloke is fantastic.
And being with other blokes is fantastic (not like that, unless that's your thing).

And blokes shopping together is excellent.
CDs, DVDs and video games. Stopping for junk-food and wandering about man stores.
No waiting outside clothes shops, no standing about looking lost in dept stores.
You can see men in places like John Lewis, carrying bags and wandering about,seeking make eye contact or at least proximity to other males.

We have no business being in big stores or clothes shops.
Get your clothes at Xmas and birthdays, leave shopping for man things - much more fun that way.

November 23.
No work, 3 new games and man time doing man stuff.

*beats chest*

We may even hire a tiger to wrestle or something,just for added blokeness.
(hopes the missus doesn't see this, or there'll be no sugar for Goatboy for 2 weeks)

Men with Men.
A good thing.
Mon 22/10/01 at 09:02
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
cookie monster wrote:
> Anyway good on you goatboy, you are only as old as the woman you feel.

heh heh heh.....
Mon 22/10/01 at 09:03
"I hate that!!!"
he he good one cookie!!
Mon 22/10/01 at 09:29
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Bloke shopping is cool.

Myself, now at the ripe old age of 26, enjoy spending my Saturdays wondering around town deciding on what gamage I wish to spend my hard earned cash on, or just mooching at new TV's and other such electrical goods!! It's odd being an "adult", being responsible (supposably!) Trying to set an example to the "younger" generation!! And what do I do... spend the night getting drunk shouting obceneties at GT3 or Onimusha!!

The wife (god bless her) promotes my mindless weekend "male" bonding sessions and enjoys taking part in a Saturday night drunken bloke frenzy over SSX or GT3...

As cookie said... your only as young as the woman you feel!!

I too am looking forward to the release schedule in November! Silent Hill 2, SSX Tricky etc etc.. New games, more beer and loads of pizza!! and most importantly of all... Male bondig gaming nights!!! Some nights my place resembles a cross between the telley tubbies and men behaving badly!!
Mon 22/10/01 at 09:36
I go shopping alot aswell.

SPEND SPEND SPEND is my motto! :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.