GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GameCube in different colours!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 21/10/01 at 21:39
Regular
I dont know whether someone has already told you this so i apoligise in advanece if it has and im just repeating something.

The GameCube will now be alvaliable in 5 different colours! Thr colours will be Purple, Pink, black, gold and silver. They look really good, i think thr black one looks the best. At the moment we dont know which colours will be alvaliable in the UK launch but for the US launch they will have black and orange, so expect those colours and a few more.

Also there will be the wireless controller! It will be called the Wavebird. It looks really good, you can play your games up to 30 feet away! You plug the reciever into the controller port and it then uses radio frequencys to transmit the data. Also it will not be affected by people walking past the reciever!

All in all the GameCube is set to be great!
Tue 23/10/01 at 00:21
Regular
So Dark Mark, you have asked the question, who is the better: Mario or Sonic?

Here's my answer:

Mario and Sonic, so different, but so alike. First of all we have a plumber. He's Italian, but based in Brooklyn in USA, he used to be a carpenter and featured in the worlds first platformer. He has starred in many adventures, in fact over 60 (Go on, try naming all the games he's been in. I bet you can't!), and that's over many consoles. He has also a huge range of support characters, the "Mushroom Kingdom family" still growing with the likes of Waluigi, and many new games are being released which are totally new adventures which seem to follow similar plots. Then we have the Hedgehog, unusually blue, but a speedy one at that. I don't think you'll see him squashed by a car tyre by the side of the road. He's too fast for that. Sonic has also starred in many different adventures for many different consoles and is continuing to do so on Game Boy Advance and GameCube.

Mario games are the type that make you think, "What came first, the Yoshi or the egg?". What I mean is, they don't neccesarily go together. Super Mario World was based in Mario's adult years, as he uses his new super cape to travel into the skies, and discovers Yoshi, a green dinosaur who's species is also called Yoshi. Following that, Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, where Mario is a baby, supposedly in his earliest adventure. Kamek, the Magikoopa, tries to capture the Mario Brothers, for reasons I don't know, but drops Mario who gets found by a Yoshi. The Yoshi's then decide to help Mario travel through Yoshi's Island to save his brother. So did Mario discover Yoshi, or did Yoshi discover Mario? It gets even more confusing when you have the ability to play Mario against Baby Mario, his younger self, in Mario Tennis.

Mario's games so far have mostly been based on 2D side scrolling environments. They have all been challenging and all require a certain skill to complete. Mario, although armed with a flower and a mushroom (call the drug-squad now!), isn't the toughest character to beat. However, Bowser, or should I say King Koopa, or should I say Gordon (?), always has a hard time beating him. Mario's other games have been beat 'em ups (Super Smash Bros, SSBM), Tennis games (Marios Tennis - Virtual Boy, Mario Tennis - GBC/N64), Golf games (I think you get the picture) and most famously, Karting games (SNES, N64, Game & Watch, GBA). Super Mario Kart on the SNES, is considered to be the best game ever created by some classic gamers.

Mario has also starred in many cartoon series's which were all great. They were based on the games on the NES/SNES and were shown on GMTV and Channel 4. He has also starred in the film, loved by many, but not a classic, Super Mario Bros.

Sonic the Hedgehog. Can't boast as much about his success, although I must emphasize, Sonic has been a complete success by Sega. Sonic games were very similar to the Mario games in the past. They were platformers that required a lot of skill, but had one major difference. They had better music, looks and were much more action packed! The levels certainly were bigger and better on the Megadrive than on the SNES, but the gameplay did seem rather farfetched. Nethertheless, they were a joy to play and still are.

Sonic, just like Mario, is going to change the way gamers play games, by connecting two different types of consoles together, suprisingly not Sega consoles, but Nintendo ones. Sonic is responsible for being in the first games that will use the GameCube/Game Boy Advance Link Cable to connect the two consoles together to trade data to make both the Game Boy Advance game, which is a totally new adventure, last longer and to make Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, a lot bigger. So are Sega the cause of a new innovation war?

Sonic has many allies that aid him in his quests. Tails and Knuckles are two of them, and they are both great characters. They can be used to help Sonic in many of his games to get through the different levels and beat the evil Dr Robotnik, or Eggman. Dr Robotnik is ofcourse the equivilent to Bowser, but he uses technology a lot more to try and squish the blue spikey bug.

Sonic has also starred in many cartoon series's but is yet to star in a movie. He is lagging behind in this respect as Final Fantasy and Lara Croft movies have already been released in the cinemas. However, it's not how many blockbusting movies you star in, it's how good the games are that counts.

So far, Sonic hasn't starred in a Mario Kart beater, and hasn't starred in anything like Super Smash Bros which is one of the best N64 games. However, Sonic Adventure 2 is enough to make up for that. If Sonic can make it into Super Smash Bros Melee on the GameCube then he might just pull it off for being the better character, but at the moment, I consider it to be a tie.
Mon 22/10/01 at 16:27
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
apparently it's proper title is Jet Black..
Mon 22/10/01 at 13:06
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Now that would make you sick!

:)
Mon 22/10/01 at 10:47
Regular
Some one said that the GamCube was gonna come out in yellow!
Mon 22/10/01 at 09:26
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
tsk tsk tsk .... everyone knows Pikachu is the best !! ;-)
Mon 22/10/01 at 07:46
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Dark Mark wrote:
> Cooky wrote:
> OK so the Mega Drive surposedly did better than the SNES in
> Europe! But
> globally the SNES DOMINATED!!!

Maybe, but when it
> comes between the SNES and Mega Drive, I know which console I would rather
> have..............uh, the Mega Drive, seeing as I own one. Ahem.

Sonic the
> Hedgehog kicks Mario's fat Italian backside any day.

NO WAY, could Sonic kick Mario's backside!

Sonic games, while good were too easy. As long as you had one coin you couldn't die, and that just made the game farrr to easy. With Mario games however, you actually had to have some skill to be able to complete them! How often in a Sonic game do you come across a jump that if you miss it's game-over and back to the start of the level with you?

MARIO FOREVER!!!

Mon 22/10/01 at 01:12
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Dark Mark wrote:
> cookie monster wrote:
> My email is on its way Dark Mark, i dunno how long
> it will take but it will
> arrive relatively soon, i hope.

REALISE!

What is there to realise?
Mon 22/10/01 at 01:04
Regular
"Remember me?"
cookie monster wrote:
> My email is on its way Dark Mark, i dunno how long it will take but it will
> arrive relatively soon, i hope.

REALISE!
Mon 22/10/01 at 00:55
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
My email is on its way Dark Mark, i dunno how long it will take but it will arrive relatively soon, i hope.
Mon 22/10/01 at 00:51
Regular
"Remember me?"
E-mail me, cookie monster. If for some reason you didn't get my e-mail address, tell me and i'll send it to you.

Will Edgy please tell us who is better - Sonic or Mario?

If the rumours of Sonic appearing as a secret character in the Gamecube's Super Smash Bros Melee are true, it'd be the perfect oppitunity to see who's the best. GRRRRRRRRR. Ahem.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.