GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sega have still got it in 'em"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 14/06/03 at 18:39
Regular
Jet Set Radio Future is absoloutly superb. So much better than the first game in every way, it takes all the good bits, removes all the annoying bits and then throws in a load of new stuff just for the hell of it.

The roller coaster duel against the immortals is shear genius.

It's so much bigger than the orignal as well, certainly won't be completing this one over night.

Excellent.
Sun 15/06/03 at 01:06
"I love yo... lamp."
Tóm wrote:
> Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Hush your noice young man.
>
> My noice?
>
> Anyway, I seriously don't understand what people think is so good
> about this game. For a start, it's bloomin' repetitive!
>
> I kept playing in the hope something interesting would happen. It
> never did.

Everything arguably is repetitive.

Racing games, accelerate, brake, corner, accelerate, brake and corner.

FPSes, get weapon, shoot people, get ammo, reload, shoot people, die, get weapon, shoot people, get ammo, reload, shoot people.

Sports, kick ball, pass ball, shoot, tackle, kick ball, pass ball, shoot, tackle.

RPGs, get sword, go to dungeon, kill monsters, get sword, go to dungeon, kill monsters.

Get my point?

I loved JSRF.
Sun 15/06/03 at 00:26
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
If you didn't like it then thats that. Just because some of us like it that doesn't mean you have too. Its one of those love or hate games. If I were you just give it a miss.
Sun 15/06/03 at 00:15
Regular
Rented it, completed Story mode and didn't like it. Thankfully it was a rental so I could just give it back without a care in the world. However a local shop near me has it for £12 so I am thinking of giving it another try when I aren't rushing through it to make sure I finish before the rental is due back.
Sun 15/06/03 at 00:08
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Tilta, Nomad and myself were so addicted to this game as it came out. I completed EVERYTHING in the game in just over 45 hours. Thats the story mode, finding all hidden tapes, comleting all challanges on all levels, getting all graffiti souls and getting all JET rankings in the time trials- thus unlocking all the secet characters.

You lot aren't worthy to be in my presense.
Sat 14/06/03 at 23:48
Yer i got it with my xbox at christmas, tis a really good game...
I completed the dreamcast version of it on christmas eve and then got my xbox on christmas day, and played the second version of it...
Sat 14/06/03 at 20:50
Regular
It's pure game play.

Superb!
Sat 14/06/03 at 20:14
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Hush your noice young man.

My noice?

Anyway, I seriously don't understand what people think is so good about this game. For a start, it's bloomin' repetitive!

I kept playing in the hope something interesting would happen. It never did.
Sat 14/06/03 at 19:38
Regular
"Laughingstock"
I agree with the original post 100%.
Sat 14/06/03 at 19:22
Regular
I thought the whole thing sucked balls.

For a while I thought it would get good when you have to play 'Death Ball'.

Turns out you just hold forwards and turn occasionally. I didn't see the opposition or my partner once for all three rounds.
Sat 14/06/03 at 19:08
Regular
Tóm wrote:
> The music annoyed me.

That's one of the best things in the game...well other than that stupid birthday song.

> The characters constant dancing annoyed me.

Tis all part of the style of the game.

> The whole damn game annoyed me.

Hush your noice young man.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.