GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Microsoft you twonks"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 21/10/01 at 10:52
Regular
From IGN's specs for the Xbox:

Broadband Enabled: Yes
Modem Enabled: No

What??? No modem??? Are you mad? They're effectively cutting off nearly the whole Internet market in Blighty! Idiots!
Sun 21/10/01 at 19:20
Regular
"Here's Louis!"
Turbonutter wrote:
> From IGN's specs for the Xbox:

Broadband Enabled: Yes
Modem Enabled:
> No

What??? No modem??? Are you mad? They're effectively cutting off nearly
> the whole Internet market in Blighty! Idiots!

louisB wrote:

> That is true especially when they started the whole internet concept.
Sun 21/10/01 at 19:14
Regular
"Death to the Infide"
Turbonutter wrote:
> Either this christmas or February.

I doubt it. Sony always delay.

But if its true.....YAYAYAYAYAyaYAYAYAYAYAyAYAYAYAYAY!
Sun 21/10/01 at 18:37
Look, I am 100% sure that MS will NOT realease a broadband adaptor with the Xbox in THIS COUNTRY.

In Ammerica almost everyone has broadband access, so for MS to be sticking this in the box is a great idea- the first fast internet connection from a console, and a complete revolution in Internet gaming (hopefully).

In this country, where things are at a much more primative level, MS will certainly not stick a broadband adaptor in the box. More likely they will just have a 56k modem. It's cheaper to make than the broadband adaptor, and it opens the internet gaming opertunity to 99% of people rather than 2% of people with broadband access.

How stupid do you think MS are!

Logan
Sun 21/10/01 at 18:28
How much will the modem cost?
Sun 21/10/01 at 18:09
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Either this christmas or February.
Sun 21/10/01 at 17:57
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
When will you be able to get online on your PS2?
Sun 21/10/01 at 17:53
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Er, no, at least with the PS2 you have the option of to buy a modem, and you can get it online for less than £40.
Sun 21/10/01 at 17:00
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Turbonutter wrote:
> Broadband Enabled: Yes
Modem Enabled: No

What??? No modem??? Are you mad? They're effectively cutting off nearly the whole Internet market in Blighty! Idiots!

Duh are you stupid? The PS2 comes with neither Broadband or a Modem so why are you cussing MS for having one inside the box. Oh and the cost of the PS2, Broadband and HDD will probably set you back more than the Xbox. So you're the Idiot.
Sun 21/10/01 at 16:45
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
The only thing I can see the HDD doing is decreasing loading times, which are getting shorter all the time, or aiding surfing the net, which I can do with my PC. However, on balance, it's much much better value for money than a memory card. I'll probably get one of the smaller varieties when they come out, for less money of course.
Sun 21/10/01 at 16:24
Regular
Yeah coz the HDD is too expensive, might be just a huge memory card and the only other thing it can do is lessen loading times. Someone who is going to get the xbox ought not to buy it,like me, thats my advice.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.