GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SR World Cup 3- The Competition"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 15/06/03 at 16:07
Regular
Hi all, this topic is going to be for all the games (I can't have the whole competition in the topic "SR world Cup 3- Team Selection" can I?)

The competition will start off tomorrow with the first games of group 1 and 2 and we'll go from there, the groups are:-

Group A
Denmark (Vamp)
Spain (Triple_H)
Senegal (AgentFrodo)
South Africa (Tom)

Group B
Ireland (Lindgren)
Italy (Longy)
Tunisia (Lucio)
Poland (Blank)

Group C
England (Mandatare)
Uruguay (El Natbuc)
Russia (Pro Evo)
Sweden (Reynolds)

Group D
Saudi Arabia (Figo)
Mexico (KR)
Slovenia (El Juicy)
Brazil (Spikecast)

Group E
Nigeria (Cid Vilante)
USA (lalakersrule)
Ecuador (Aliboy)
France (Sdrawkcab)

Group F
Costa Rica (The craziest Col)
Argentina (HelloHowArtThou)
South Korea (FinalFantasyFanatic)
Belgium (DW)

Group G
Croatia (Shadow)
Japan (Elf Ears)
Paraguay (GrandPrix)
Turkey (Unbeliever)

Group H
Portugal (Hercules!)
Cameroon (Sfonæ)
Germany (Absolut Neo)
China (Microchips)

I'll post tomorrow's fixture list later today.
Page:
Sun 14/09/03 at 17:59
Regular
im going to win.
Sun 14/09/03 at 15:49
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Go Russia!!

I didnt even think i was still in this thing...
Sun 14/09/03 at 00:54
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
When's my match going to be played?
Sun 07/09/03 at 13:57
Regular
I can't wait for the Saudi's to kick you. :)
Sat 06/09/03 at 23:20
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
All this will pale into insignificance when Paraguay take the World Cup! Go Paraguay!
Sat 06/09/03 at 16:34
Regular
"I'm Great."
The useless virtual bums. At least hey made it past the group stages. Go Russia!
Sat 06/09/03 at 15:55
Regular
"es argh"
Thanks for being interested :)

Nigeria were very unlucky, they took robably their hardest chance (the okocha goal( but they squandered a few 1 on 1's
Sat 06/09/03 at 15:46
Regular
"I'm Great."
Ack! Nooooooooooooo.......I lost. There wel, just so long as Russia wins the World cup now. Nice report there, I could feel the pain as they missed, and missed, and missed.
Sat 06/09/03 at 15:36
Regular
"es argh"
Hello and welcome to the return of the SR World cup.

Today’s math will be…

Second Round Match F

Russia (Pro Evo) VS Nigeria (Cid Vilante)

On paper the 2 teams seem very evenly matched. The pitch is very wet so that could prove difficult for the Nigerians fast paced game…

1st Half

Russia Kick off…

10 minutes gone and it seems very even, both teams have had half chances that have ended up in the keepers arms.

Kanu’s thru pass put Okocha through on goal but due to the pressure by the last man Okocha was forced to shoot early dragging his shot wide.

Russia work it out wide, the winger cuts the ball in before laying it off to Titov, Titov takes the ball to the edge of the box before shooting.. GOAL FOR RUSSIA! RUSSIA 1:0 NIGERIA 30 minutes gone!

Nigeria kick off…

Nigeria go straight for goal from kick off, Agali weaves round one, two he’s gone by the last man… HE HITS THE POST! And Kanu goes for the follow up… it hit’s his knee and hits the keeper… the keeper smothers it! Unlucky Nigeria!

Nigeria have a free kick 35 yards out, Babangida chips it in… And the header just goes wide of the opposite post! So close once again for Nigeria!

Half time

Badgerman’s Half time Thought
What’s been a very even half has ended with Russia just edging it, but the score could be so easily in Nigeria’s favour, A few near misses and hitting the post followed by a goalmouth scramble couldn’t give them a goal, but I’m pretty sure they’ll get a goal in the 2nd Half

2nd Half.

Nigeria kick off…

Karpin managed to sneak behind the Nigerian defence allowing Titov to play him through, but his shot didn’t trouble the keeper.

Alenichev just blasted a shot from 30 yards out wide of the post.
Nigeria manage to get the ball to the wing, Finidi makes the cross… OKOCHA! GOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAALLLL! OKOCHA FINISHED IT OFF WITH A WONDERFUL HEADER! RUSSIA 1:1 NIGERIA! 72 minutes gone!

Russia kick off…

Smertin eludes the Nigerian challenge before laying it off to the defender Chugainov, Chugainov cuts inside Finidi, he goes along the edge of the area before darting inside West, he sets himself up for the shot.. HE SCORES STRAIGHT AWAY! THE BIG DEFENDER HAS JUST SCORED A WONDERGOAL!!! RUSSIA 2:1 NIGERIA! 75 minutes gone!

Nigeria kick off…

Nigeria’s lucky had a clear path to goal but bizarrely decided upon shooting early thus squandering a golden opportunity.

85 minutes gone, Nigeria need a miracle…

We’re into injury, do they have one last throw of the dice???

They couldn’t… Finidi picks the ball just inside Russia’s halfHe plays the ball to okocha… What in the flying fook? Both Okocha and the defender got to the ball, it soun off, and then 4 players went upto the ball but didn’t touch it… And it’s full time!

Russia get the victory!

Badgerman’s Full Time Thought
Oh my god, it’s not gone into Extra time???

It waas a good game that Russia probably deserved looking at the amount of chances they had, but Nigeria played well and could’ve gotten a result out of this.
Sat 06/09/03 at 15:03
Regular
"I'm Great."
Thanks Badgerman. At least it looks like you're doing alright seeing as you are being able to post and all.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.