GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Who else is sick of games getting blamed for everything bad?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 20/10/01 at 18:04
Regular
Recently, video games have become the scapegoats for anything wrong in the world, just like movies before them. For example, some people have suggested banning MS Flight Simulator because it may have helped the suicidal monsters who committed the September 11th atrocities to fly. First-person shoot-em-ups were blamed for causing the awful tradegy at Columbine. I can see it now...Fifa 2007 blamed for kids playing football instead of doing their homework! Please...I do not see how a perfectly sane person can suddenly massacre their fellow classmates after a session on Doom. Surely if parents are against video games, they should not allow their kids to play on them. In fact, certain studies have shown that a quick half-hour on Quake allows a person to vent out all their anger, and so does them a world of good. Of course there are going to be a miniscule amount of people who get influenced by video games, but that's all the media needs to call for all games to be banned. If you agree, please reply. If you don't, give me your argument.
Sun 21/10/01 at 11:41
Regular
"Digging!"
i agree compeletly
Sun 21/10/01 at 07:37
Regular
""
Woops, missed one out.

=B0b Tounge 3
Sun 21/10/01 at 07:35
Regular
""
RastaBillySkank wrote:
> Colonel Sanders wrote:
> Thanks, I hadn't noticed that!
>

Pleasure

However, an opinion would have been much
>
> appreciated!

Break it up into paragraphs, and I will.

Oh! Handbags at ten paces?!?!?!

=B0P =B0p =B0d =B0b =B0D =B0) =B0( =B0[ Which one should I use. Tounge 1, Tounge 2, Tounge-nose, Smiley, Frown, Vampire.
Sun 21/10/01 at 02:17
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Yes, they may have said MS Flight Simulator could have trained pilots, but the fact is it COULD HAVE trained pilots. It's a simulator. That's what it does. It simulates flight, hence the name.
Sat 20/10/01 at 18:28
Regular
"You've upset me"
Colonel Sanders wrote:
> Thanks, I hadn't noticed that!

Pleasure

However, an opinion would have been much
> appreciated!

Break it up into paragraphs, and I will.
Sat 20/10/01 at 18:26
Thanks, I hadn't noticed that! However, an opinion would have been much appreciated!
Sat 20/10/01 at 18:11
Regular
"You've upset me"
You idiot, you've spelt your own name wrong!

It's Colonel, colenol...
Sat 20/10/01 at 18:04
Recently, video games have become the scapegoats for anything wrong in the world, just like movies before them. For example, some people have suggested banning MS Flight Simulator because it may have helped the suicidal monsters who committed the September 11th atrocities to fly. First-person shoot-em-ups were blamed for causing the awful tradegy at Columbine. I can see it now...Fifa 2007 blamed for kids playing football instead of doing their homework! Please...I do not see how a perfectly sane person can suddenly massacre their fellow classmates after a session on Doom. Surely if parents are against video games, they should not allow their kids to play on them. In fact, certain studies have shown that a quick half-hour on Quake allows a person to vent out all their anger, and so does them a world of good. Of course there are going to be a miniscule amount of people who get influenced by video games, but that's all the media needs to call for all games to be banned. If you agree, please reply. If you don't, give me your argument.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.