GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"X-box is naff"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 15/06/03 at 22:45
Regular
The console is 222 big, the controller is uncom4table1!!1

They bougt RaRE when they justn started making bad games... because Mic5rosoft is stoopid and Bill gates can't make a good thing in his life.

Oh and it isnt eeven selllling as well as the PSone in Japan... ha ha ha and it has had won game in the top 10 since its release in Japan.

Ha ha the X-box is poo poo.

end.
Wed 18/06/03 at 00:32
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
The thing is OXM do stamp it everywhere. They claimed Soilder of Fortune 2 is "only on Xbox" as well as loads others.

To be honest I don't notice it. And I disagree with Mav, I thought the current issue was good. I liked the Sudeki article. The free DVD was pants though. Futurama is only about 2 minutes long.
Tue 17/06/03 at 22:55
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
i dropped a xbox on my foot and broke it rofl!!!!!1
Tue 17/06/03 at 22:48
Regular
The big only for X-box thing is to blow its own trumpet all mags do it although normally within the article. It is to make you think you made the right choice.
Tue 17/06/03 at 21:29
Regular
"8==="
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Thing that annoys me about the Official MAg is the way they feel the
> need to shove "ONLY ON XBOX" in large print on everything.
>
> Do they honestly think readers want that forced down their throat on
> every sodding page?
>
> The majority of people who read the mag will already own an Xbox
> anyway, so there really is no need for it. If it was a multi-format
> mag then it would be just about tolerable but as it's a single format
> it's just retarded.

Ah yes. But what if the reader owns a GC and a PS2 as well? Then it's worth knowing. The way exclusives are tied to consoles now I think it's a step in the right direction to make clear that a game is an exclusive.
Tue 17/06/03 at 21:01
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Dringo wrote:
> No... I was joking... I was trying to see how many would take me
> seriously.

lol... Given how hyper Nintardo toddlers tend to get whenever anyone mentions anything potentially uncomplimentary about their machine, I'd have thought not throwing stones in when living in glass houses is probably a pretty good idea? ;)
Tue 17/06/03 at 19:23
Regular
Thing that annoys me about the Official MAg is the way they feel the need to shove "ONLY ON XBOX" in large print on everything.

Do they honestly think readers want that forced down their throat on every sodding page?

The majority of people who read the mag will already own an Xbox anyway, so there really is no need for it. If it was a multi-format mag then it would be just about tolerable but as it's a single format it's just retarded.
Tue 17/06/03 at 18:38
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Maverick42 wrote:
pretty damn biased (more so
> than NOM, who have actually been very impartial recently)

I agree. NGC give a view on a preview - if its MP2, then of course it is slightly jumpy. But most of the time, they keep a rather impartial view.

OXM on the otherhand seems to need to blast out things about why the XBox is so much better.

For somebody who is now appreciating more games, simply because I have the money, its terribly annoying.
Tue 17/06/03 at 18:35
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Well there is that (WW easily beats anything the XBox has, including Halo 2. Yup. Hehe)

Something about online modes, how Nintendo will fail in attempts to follow.

Fools. They don't even need to try*

:D

*slight change in facts - they can't be bothered.
Tue 17/06/03 at 18:31
Regular
"TheCoolNerd on Live"
Cyclone wrote:
> Tell you what is naff.
>
> That OXM. They slate Nintendo for no real reason.....in a paragraph
> somewhere in the current issue.
>
> Yup.
>
> Precious Nintendo.

The line that you may be referring to is "GameCube and PS2? We almost feel sorry for you". This is in context with a Halo 2 story so it may almost be worthwhile.
Mon 16/06/03 at 22:20
Regular
er-no wrote:
> GAD.

I heared they've stopped the GAD for the posts :(

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.