GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"News to devastate you all....."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 20/10/01 at 13:23
Regular
Rumours - bloody annoying things at times, always acting as red herrings trying to confuse you into not knowing what will happen next...

Yes, there's a frightening rumour going around now, a rumour to upset all you fellow Nintendo lovers and, it has something to do with the GameCube.

*GameCube - Delayed until July?*

That is the rumour. Nintendo are denying this, which is no surprise. Nintendo are good at catching people's attention. I mean, take a look at what they did with the GameCube before - they said that if it wasn't a sucess at E3, then it would be scrapped! Anyway, the thing is, developers are saying that the pencilled-in release date of "Spring" is looking more and more inlikely, and that it is more possible that we in the UK won't see Nintendo's fantasic box o' tricks until sometime in the summer! This really is pathetic. We are always considered insignificant when it comes down to gaming...GRRRR!

But then again, this could be one of Nintendo's notorious publicity stunts, aiming to catch everyone's attention and take more notice of GameCube. It could just be a funny, yet great way of advertising and that there is no chance of the GameCube being delayed over here. (Fingers crossed).

SHOCKY
Sat 20/10/01 at 17:59
Regular
I don't think that Nintendo are that stupid. I think that they have been waiting until the X-Box's release date was announced, then they will announce a rlease date for the GameCube a few weeks before the X-Box.

I hope that this is what they've been doing anyway! :p
Sat 20/10/01 at 17:30
Regular
"Whatever!"
I would be obviously annoyed if its been put back till July like everyone - But it may not be such a bad idea!! I mean there are so many quality titles ready for launch you would have to have saved quite a bit in order to get them!!
Of course I hope this isnt true though!!
Sat 20/10/01 at 17:24
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
I don't think Nintendo would be STUPID enough to delay until July, would they?

Hmmm.... this is Nintendo were talking about! Though I love the company to bits it doesn't half know how to P***-off its consumer base with constant delays!

:)
Sat 20/10/01 at 17:23
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Oh great, x-box and ps3 will be out by then. Well done Nintendo.

Lets ALL hope its not true...
Sat 20/10/01 at 15:47
Regular
"Mm reprocessed meat"
Ace_greg wrote:
> Yea I couldnt be bothered to rite it all out, it wasa quicker that way. I
> thought I put the source on the bottom Ooooops!

Make sure you do put the source at the bottom next time, as otherwise Tony may be rather upset at the dishonesty on his forums!!
Sat 20/10/01 at 13:34
Regular
"May Contain Nuts"
Yea I couldnt be bothered to rite it all out, it wasa quicker that way. I thought I put the source on the bottom Ooooops!
Sat 20/10/01 at 13:32
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
Heh, nice copy + paste there, Ace_greg.

Gamesradar, eh?

That's where I read it.

Git.

:D
Sat 20/10/01 at 13:30
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
I wouldn't think that this would be a publicity stunt by Nintendo because if they announced that their console was going to be delayed potential buyers would maybe not by the Cube and opt for the PS2 instead so they dont ave to wait only true Nintendo fans will stick with the Cube.

I would take this as a rumour and nothing else at the moment, the Gamespere on the other hand... ;-)
Sat 20/10/01 at 13:29
Regular
"May Contain Nuts"
Nintendo still say spring, industry sources suggest otherwise

Nintendo are denying rumours that Gamecube won't be launched in Europe until June. While Nintendo are still saying that the Cube will be here in the spring, industry sources have suggested that it is "increasingly unlikely that Gamecube will arrive before the summer." A confirmed European launch date is expected to be announced at the end of the year.

Meanwhile, over in the US, Nintendo already have half of the 700,000 launch units in storage with the other half due to arrive within the next week. A spokeswoman for Nintendo US says that the company is on track to meet their launch commitments on 18 November without any problems.
Sat 20/10/01 at 13:23
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
Rumours - bloody annoying things at times, always acting as red herrings trying to confuse you into not knowing what will happen next...

Yes, there's a frightening rumour going around now, a rumour to upset all you fellow Nintendo lovers and, it has something to do with the GameCube.

*GameCube - Delayed until July?*

That is the rumour. Nintendo are denying this, which is no surprise. Nintendo are good at catching people's attention. I mean, take a look at what they did with the GameCube before - they said that if it wasn't a sucess at E3, then it would be scrapped! Anyway, the thing is, developers are saying that the pencilled-in release date of "Spring" is looking more and more inlikely, and that it is more possible that we in the UK won't see Nintendo's fantasic box o' tricks until sometime in the summer! This really is pathetic. We are always considered insignificant when it comes down to gaming...GRRRR!

But then again, this could be one of Nintendo's notorious publicity stunts, aiming to catch everyone's attention and take more notice of GameCube. It could just be a funny, yet great way of advertising and that there is no chance of the GameCube being delayed over here. (Fingers crossed).

SHOCKY

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.