GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"News to devastate you all....."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 20/10/01 at 13:23
Regular
Rumours - bloody annoying things at times, always acting as red herrings trying to confuse you into not knowing what will happen next...

Yes, there's a frightening rumour going around now, a rumour to upset all you fellow Nintendo lovers and, it has something to do with the GameCube.

*GameCube - Delayed until July?*

That is the rumour. Nintendo are denying this, which is no surprise. Nintendo are good at catching people's attention. I mean, take a look at what they did with the GameCube before - they said that if it wasn't a sucess at E3, then it would be scrapped! Anyway, the thing is, developers are saying that the pencilled-in release date of "Spring" is looking more and more inlikely, and that it is more possible that we in the UK won't see Nintendo's fantasic box o' tricks until sometime in the summer! This really is pathetic. We are always considered insignificant when it comes down to gaming...GRRRR!

But then again, this could be one of Nintendo's notorious publicity stunts, aiming to catch everyone's attention and take more notice of GameCube. It could just be a funny, yet great way of advertising and that there is no chance of the GameCube being delayed over here. (Fingers crossed).

SHOCKY
Mon 29/10/01 at 16:38
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
lol
Mon 29/10/01 at 15:31
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I wonder if Nintendo actualy know that Europe exists!

(Ninty HQ)

N64 interviewer: What sort of games will we have at the launch of Gamecube in Europe?

Shigsy: Europe?

N64: Yeah - where i'm from

Shigsy: Uhhhh...

N64: You know - where Hitler came from - WW1 - WW2? Errr. The Berlin Wall - Or Germany? The tinderbox for Nuclear war? Britain - The biggest empire ever? No.

Shigsy: Ummm. Sorry, no - could you point it out to me?
Sun 28/10/01 at 14:37
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I don't care when GameCube gets released as long as I have enough money to buy one by the end of next year (I'm never gonna b able to buy 1 when it comes out- Cmon where am I gonna get £200???) I'll probably try 2 get one cheap off Ebay or sumthing like that. Oh well as long as the price drops by Christmas 2002 or By the new year anyways I'll be (relatively) happy.
Sat 27/10/01 at 18:21
Regular
"Whatever!"
Even worse news to devastate you all - I heard a rumour that the GameCube could well be delayed till next September!!

I dearly hope this is not the case!!
Sun 21/10/01 at 16:34
Regular
AdamKyleGreen wrote:
> Im not bothered anyway the console is going to sell out everywhere, i dont think
> anyone who hasn't pre-ordered wont get it for another two months. ???? maybe
> ????

I haven't pre-ordered a GameCube, but if there is a big increase in pre-orders I will be forced to pre-order one.
Sun 21/10/01 at 16:10
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
Strafex wrote:
> IF Nintendo leave it until July then the Gamecube has had it in Europe.

A few
> hardcore gamers like us may hang on but the Xbox and PS2 will dominate the
> market.

Ofcourse, Nintendo aren't that stupid and will launch the console in
> Spring, possibly around March 8th.

Yeah, apparantly EA gave the GameCube's possible release date away by accident when they had SSX Tricky pencilled in for a March 8th release. What's even better is that SSX Tricky MIGHT be AFTER the release day, so there's the possibility it might even be out on March 1st.

Fingers Crossed...

SHOCKY
Sun 21/10/01 at 15:09
Im not bothered anyway the console is going to sell out everywhere, i dont think anyone who hasn't pre-ordered wont get it for another two months. ???? maybe ????
Sat 20/10/01 at 22:04
Regular
IF Nintendo leave it until July then the Gamecube has had it in Europe.

A few hardcore gamers like us may hang on but the Xbox and PS2 will dominate the market.

Ofcourse, Nintendo aren't that stupid and will launch the console in Spring, possibly around March 8th.
Sat 20/10/01 at 21:35
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
Mattyboy wrote:
> I would be obviously annoyed if its been put back till July like everyone - But
> it may not be such a bad idea!! I mean there are so many quality titles ready
> for launch you would have to have saved quite a bit in order to get them!!
Of
> course I hope this isnt true though!!

in ngc , they had an interview with european nintendo distributor (or something like that) and she said that there will be 30 or 40 games ready for the uk launch !! (but they wont all be launched on the same day !!) so by july there will be about 50 !!
Sat 20/10/01 at 19:53
Regular
If this just a publicity stunt, I really wish Nintendo would quit being so cheap and just buy some tv time. If it's good enough for the company that is, lets face it, doing infinitely better than Nintendo (if you exclude Pokemon), surely it's good enough for Shigsy's boys?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.