GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is Holland a Problem?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 10/04/07 at 08:43
Regular
Here is a problem we are having with Holland! yes Holland, we do a webs ite for a folk band www.scocha.co.uk and also www.scocha.com the .com site fwds to .co.uk and the co.uk site is hosted with Freeola. Now we are getting complaints from several viewers in Holland that the web site is slow to load, in fact up to 2.5mins! YET viewers in America and NZ and UK all say its fine.

I wonder how far spread out we are on this forum but would appreaciate if anyone could try either of these address and report back how long the site takes to load. Both sites are identical as I said the .com fwds to UK

Link to Scocha.com

Link to Scocha.co.uk

Any feedback much appreciated.

Kev
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Wed 11/04/07 at 01:31
Regular
Cheers Garin will try these out

PS Scocha are in US just now in NY to be exact for tartan week, if you are in NY just pop along to a concert mention Kev said you could get in and you can enjoy a free concert on me

Kev

Garin wrote:
> It loads in about a second for me and I'm in the US.
>
> It could well just be a routing issue for people in Holland but
> its impossible to say without having direct access to such users
> and being able to get them to run a few things on their machines
> to check.
>
> Something to try is make sure all table cells and image tags
> have widths/heights on them so that the browser can display the
> page in the shortest possible time and doesnt have to wait for
> images etc. download to start calculating the page
> width/height.
>
> Also is it just the front page that they have problems with?
> Might be worth getting them to go directly to pages that dont
> have the music, the news tickers (and just to be safe I'd try
> removing the stat counter too).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.