GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Where do YOU get the..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 18/06/03 at 21:42
Regular
Where do YOU get the money for the latest pcs for the new games?

I mean, i'm 15 and i'm expected to pay £500 to get my pc updated for the new games coming out like half life 2 and stuff

How is a 15 year old ment too get £500!!!

how do you do it? :S

*walks off carrying empty open wallet with a moth flying around it*
Mon 23/06/03 at 22:19
Regular
"I see you"
Josh8899 wrote:
> Where do YOU get the money for the latest pcs for the new games?
>
> I mean, i'm 15 and i'm expected to pay £500 to get my pc updated
> for the new games coming out like half life 2 and stuff
>
> How is a 15 year old ment too get £500!!!
>
> how do you do it? :S
>
>
> *walks off carrying empty open wallet with a moth flying around it*

First of all, exactly what are your current PC specs and what are you wanting to upgrade to? Remember 9 times out of 10 it actually works out cheaper to buy a complete new base unit or a PC for that matter. Take for example my old PC, it was an AMD Duron 950MHz, 256Mb PC133 RAM, 15.2Gb HD, 64Mb GeForce 2 MX400, 52x CD-ROM, 17" monitor and standard 300W Case, Keyboard, mouse etc. So by the time i'd caulculated how much it would cost me to upgrade it, it actually worked out cheaper in the long run to just build a new PC from scratch.

Also you could try and bribe your parents into buying you a new PC by saying what a good investment it would be, as they have such useful applications for the whole household.
Tue 24/06/03 at 16:42
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Or offer to help pay for it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.