GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Where do YOU get the..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 18/06/03 at 21:42
Regular
Where do YOU get the money for the latest pcs for the new games?

I mean, i'm 15 and i'm expected to pay £500 to get my pc updated for the new games coming out like half life 2 and stuff

How is a 15 year old ment too get £500!!!

how do you do it? :S

*walks off carrying empty open wallet with a moth flying around it*
Tue 24/06/03 at 16:42
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Or offer to help pay for it.
Mon 23/06/03 at 22:19
Regular
"I see you"
Josh8899 wrote:
> Where do YOU get the money for the latest pcs for the new games?
>
> I mean, i'm 15 and i'm expected to pay £500 to get my pc updated
> for the new games coming out like half life 2 and stuff
>
> How is a 15 year old ment too get £500!!!
>
> how do you do it? :S
>
>
> *walks off carrying empty open wallet with a moth flying around it*

First of all, exactly what are your current PC specs and what are you wanting to upgrade to? Remember 9 times out of 10 it actually works out cheaper to buy a complete new base unit or a PC for that matter. Take for example my old PC, it was an AMD Duron 950MHz, 256Mb PC133 RAM, 15.2Gb HD, 64Mb GeForce 2 MX400, 52x CD-ROM, 17" monitor and standard 300W Case, Keyboard, mouse etc. So by the time i'd caulculated how much it would cost me to upgrade it, it actually worked out cheaper in the long run to just build a new PC from scratch.

Also you could try and bribe your parents into buying you a new PC by saying what a good investment it would be, as they have such useful applications for the whole household.
Sun 22/06/03 at 21:26
Regular
Josh8899 wrote:
>
> how do you do it? :S

I used to use my student loans to buy bits for it.

You don't need 500 quid, just update it a bit at a time. A gfx card now, maybe a new motherboard and processor next time, sound card after that.

I haven't updated my pc for quite a while though.

theres always credit, buy now pay nothing for yonks, that gives you the time to save it.

Personally though, if I were you, I'd get a console like the ps2 or xbox, and use that for games, most games on the pc are available on console (apart from a lot of the rts type games), and they only cost about 150 squid.

PCs are a very expensive games machine.
Sun 22/06/03 at 20:44
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
UrkiE-UK wrote:
> take Star wraith 3. it's not well-known in most places

You can say that again. But don't.
Sun 22/06/03 at 20:30
Regular
paper round my ass - you want to get into programming languages and making dosh quickly and in large bursts. take Star wraith 3. it's not well-known in most places but it's making good money. and it was made in Dark basic, which is just crap but y'know.
Thu 19/06/03 at 20:27
Regular
I have m.e. ^_^
Thu 19/06/03 at 16:47
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Get a part time job, for hell's sake, Josh8899...
Thu 19/06/03 at 12:50
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I work, and have saved up enough money to buy three top of the range, extremely high spec PC's. I just settled for a £700 base unit though, and that's £700 well spent.
Wed 18/06/03 at 22:40
Regular
BAH!
Wed 18/06/03 at 22:17
Lie about your age to get a job.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.