GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Now come one... favourite N64 game."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 18/06/03 at 22:05
Regular
I do not want to hear Zelda or Perfect Dark or Goldeneye or even Mario 64 or that matter... what were you favourite N64 games that weren't heralded as legends... the under appreciated ones...

E.g. My favourite N64 game was Conker's Bad Fur Day... but I had a hidden fettish for Shadowman (ok a large fetish), I was highly fond of Paper Mario and I loved Turok Rage Wars...

See none of the classics were in there at all...

Now your turn...
Thu 19/06/03 at 22:35
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
ditto like starfex cept for the x box bit word for word :P
Thu 19/06/03 at 21:37
Regular
Goldeneye was the best, but excluding the "classics":

Smash Brothers - The only multiplayer game that got close to as much play time as Goldeneye did. Clever, new and original, hence my ravings for the Gamecube Melee from the moment it was announced.
It's barely playable compared to the more recent update but it's still the original that started it all.

WWF No Mercy - Another great multiplayer. Varied and fun, with almost limitless options. I only got it because I was into WWF but stopped watching the TV programs once I had the game.

Conker - From the moment it was announced, I thought it would just be another Rare platformer (like the disappointing DK64) with some rude childish jokes to make it seem more "grown up" to the teenage South Park audience. Once you get playing it though, it's a great game, even if it was more down to gimmickery than actual gameplay.
Moving ending too.

As to the multiplayer, again, hours of fun (again, more down to the gimmickery and originality rather than actual gameplay), but it didn't seem complete.
All the modes seemed to be designed for more than 4 players (except for Beach which worked really well with few players) and suffered from slowdown when you put bots in.
It looks like they're setting this straight with the Xbox version...

Also an honourable mention to:

Jet Force Gemini - great graphics, gameplay and music but fell short on the multiplayer and possibly a few control problems.
An Xbox update could correct these errors and come up with something REALLY special.

F-Zero X - A little sparse and empty seeming, especially in multiplayer, but in the solo mode with 30 vehicles to smash up and dodge through, this was pure gameplay at it's most furious.

Lylat Wars - Short lived but great classic arcade shooting fun. Very playable and action packed and was even better than the space ship sections in the Gamecube Starfox game (although that might not be saying a whole lot...). Looking forward to Armada.
Thu 19/06/03 at 21:01
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
Either WWF No Mercy or Perfect Dark. Either way, they both rule! :)
Thu 19/06/03 at 21:00
Regular
"hit the road jack"
Pilotwings... no wait Banjo .... no Pilotwings.. no Banjo. both. oh and turok: dinosaur hunter
Thu 19/06/03 at 18:33
Regular
"Whatever!"
I would say WCW/nWo Revenge - One of my favourite wrestling games ever! Also Turok 2, Jet Force Gemini and ISS 64 were among my favourites
Thu 19/06/03 at 17:39
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Mate of mine brought his N64 into sixth form Tuesday, Wednesday & today, brought 2 controllers, I brought another 2, and we mustered together Goldeneye, Mario Kart and LylatWars. All kinda in the 'classics' band, but we've all been having fun playing those in our free periods recently...
Thu 19/06/03 at 17:32
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Cyclone wrote:
> Zelda.....but JFG
>
> and Body Harvest.
>
> Bloo*y hard, ugly, clunky, poorly structured (mainly due to its
> cluckiness)
>
> But brilliant.
>
> Why no sequel?!

And Rush 2049.

I heard whispers of a sequel.....wasn't there?
Thu 19/06/03 at 16:48
Regular
"Baros!!!"
I'd say that Mario Kart was more fun than Diddy Kong Racing. It also had the best multiplayer gaming.
Thu 19/06/03 at 16:38
Regular
"bit of a brain"
As lon as Lanky Kong, Chunky Kong, Tiny Kong or any of the other stupid characters are never in any other game ever I'll be alright.
Thu 19/06/03 at 16:34
"Uzi Lover"
Diddy Kong was better then Mario Kart but Mario Kart was still great.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.