GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Graphics"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 17/10/01 at 19:38
Regular
With all of the modern graphics cards on the market, ranging from £40 - £350, are these cards being released to fill a gap in the market, or just to make a market? Are 3d cards really necesary, and what is the lowest mb you can get away with nowadays?
Sat 08/05/10 at 15:15
Evenin.....

We're having a ride up to Darwen Moor setting off from the Hare & Hounds at 6:15pm.

Hopefully, we'll be able to squeeze in a new bit of single track in the Tockholes No3 Plantation.

PK

07972 710 440
Fri 19/10/01 at 21:49
Regular
"Mm reprocessed meat"
Where do you think I should the components from, as I looked in the SR mag, and it would make it twice as expensive.
Thu 18/10/01 at 20:01
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Well, you could get a similar system for around £700 - the changes being a 1GHz duron instead of a celeron and a 32mb GeForce2 MX400 included.

The price difference may not be massive, but the advantages of building your own generally make it worthwhile - you know exactly what the compnents are, and learn about them in the process of building, and you can also exclude some parts and rip bits from your old box (usually floppy/keyboard/mouse at least).

Think about it..
Thu 18/10/01 at 19:40
Regular
"Mm reprocessed meat"
Fraid not, but you can email me at [email protected]
Thu 18/10/01 at 19:38
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Hang on, I'll do a check and get back to you...again, do you have msn or some other instant messenger?
Thu 18/10/01 at 19:15
Regular
"Mm reprocessed meat"
Reaper[oV] wrote:
> *Stamps in big letters all around the forums "BUILD YOUR OWN
> PC!"*

IT's not hard, you don't have to buy what you don't want, and you
> can get the exact system spec you need with assurance of quality kit..

My brother built his PC. How much would that cost for me to make a PC with the specs I listed below?
Thu 18/10/01 at 19:11
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
*Stamps in big letters all around the forums "BUILD YOUR OWN PC!"*

IT's not hard, you don't have to buy what you don't want, and you can get the exact system spec you need with assurance of quality kit..
Thu 18/10/01 at 18:58
Regular
"Mm reprocessed meat"
Thanks for all the help. Do have any recomendations as to who I should buy my PC from?
Thu 18/10/01 at 16:11
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
For a machine built for gaming, the processor is becoming less and less important...my Duron 750 with a GF3 will take anything I throw at it, highest res, without flinching. The graphics card takes the strain, as the GPU handles most of the intensive operations itself.

I do intend to upgrade to an AthlonXP 1600 later this week, but it's somewhat otios at the moment...very much a "because I can" sort of thing. The CPU is much more important for other tasks which don't utilise the graphics processor, but I'd still place the graphics card above the CPU for gaming boxen..
Thu 18/10/01 at 08:54
I do not have a great experience in graphics cards but my 32mb Geforce 2 works very well with most. The prices are coming down with Geforce 3 being branded about. But, I do not not what future games will require and I have always kept updating the other areas of the computer too. The Processor is the most important. No matter what you attach, you cannot beat a quality Processor and motherboard.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.