GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Flash Sites"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 17/10/01 at 12:00
Regular
I'm learning flash at uni, and will probably make a Flash website, does anyone know what size the site should be in Mb, roughly to stop all those low bandwidth 56K users complaining?? I would do it in HTML, but I want to make all my stuff animated and easy to use, and HTML just sucks for that.
Wed 17/10/01 at 14:44
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
The place where I went on work experience have a cool flash web site.

www.zoosoft.com
Wed 17/10/01 at 14:14
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Darkus wrote:

i dunno...!
> check this site out and then change your mind...

www.estudio.com

Had a look and? It's fine for the market it's aimed at, a porfolio site showing off what they do, perfect, and why not?

But I was talking about "Useability" not "Cor! this looks cool!!"...

Where's the back button? How do you resize your fonts if your visually imapired? Is it accessible and easy to understand? Stuff liek this is fine for the small percenatge of "hardcore" web users, but what about those who have only just started, those who have a hard time getting around their OS let alone a site like that!!

That's Usability... read up on it as it's becomeing more important in websites these days than "look at the bells and whistles!!"

So yes... estudio is cool for what it is, but i won;t change my mind on Useability and Flash. Even Macromedia themselves recognise the fact it has it's down falls (All of which are being addressed in Flash 6!!)
Wed 17/10/01 at 14:12
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
... sorry about the double post, I don't know why that keeps happening to me.
Wed 17/10/01 at 14:11
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Flash don't suck ... what are you on??? lol

I think it's shockwave that's better, for games and all, is is Flash and Shockwave the same thing???
Wed 17/10/01 at 14:11
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Flash don't suck ... what are you one??? lol

I think it's shockwave that's better, for games and all, is is Flash and Shockwave the same thing???
Wed 17/10/01 at 13:50
Regular
that estudio site is very cool, possibly the coolest website I have ever seen, if anyone else has any good looking flash site links, let me know, I need some inspiration.
Wed 17/10/01 at 13:16
Regular
"..."
Tyla wrote:

Flash sucks to, from a usability point of view..

i dunno...! check this site out and then change your mind...

www.estudio.com
Wed 17/10/01 at 12:58
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
WWF do good with it, as there main page for there PPV and Wrestler sites have a cool Flash intro, but is regular HTML for the Web site :o).
Wed 17/10/01 at 12:53
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
The average download max is around 75k, as according to guidelines. You can get away with more if you use a preloader, so people know whats going on. (www.flashkit.com should have a tutorial on one)

Flash is great, but some people don't want to download it, so if youre making a site with flash, make the homepage one that checks wether they have flash or not, and either redirects them to a html page or asks them if they want flash. The latter is better then the people who do have flash can choose.
Wed 17/10/01 at 12:35
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
I'd have to say it's not the best idea to make a Flash Site, as like he said, people with no Flash plugin, or, most importantly, people who can't be arsed to wait around for it to load, I'd agree with what he said, animations are cool, games are cool, but a whole site, not so cool.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.