GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Since The Loss of GAD..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 23/06/03 at 19:27
Regular
We seem to have lost the bulk of the posters? - esp. the Notables - they were worth all the effort of voting in huh? ... 'I'd come and post here even if there were no free games on offer' my arsz... you could practiacally hear them jumping overboard ;)

Although fortunatly we also seem to have lost the bulk of newbies too (yay!)...

As they stand, the forums do seem a little empty these days, seem to have lost their certain charm, allure, their muckking about in boredom, fighting over who got todays goodie GAD?

Or maybe I'm wrong?

Has anone else noticed a big change in the forums? - Is there anyone whose presence noticably is missed? - or am I just typing balls?
Mon 23/06/03 at 21:05
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Yep, people should stop posting them, and then they're screwed!
Mon 23/06/03 at 20:59
"Mimmargh!"
I bet it was damn expensive to keep giving away free games to some random bums who post a topic on their chat forum. They [SR] don't really need the posts, the only thing that is needed is the Reviews because they should usually promote SR sales.
Mon 23/06/03 at 20:47
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
People still post, I dont think I have made a propper game related post since the demise of GAD1, but i have posted 'life' stuff and stories.

No I am not a greedy game-hungry git, I am human.
Mon 23/06/03 at 20:36
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
I have posted since GAD1 was stopped- mostly stories, though some Game-related stuff.

Since I've finally finished GCSEs I can start writing again. Remember, exams may also be a limiting factor, though I highly doubt it.
Mon 23/06/03 at 20:26
Regular
"8==="
Tourist wrote:
> GAD went before I came, maybe an omen?

Ditto.

'GAD is dead'

- Nietzsche's dyslexic brother
Mon 23/06/03 at 19:48
Regular
EL ROBIN wrote:
> I post because i honestly do enjoy doing it...
> So what happend, did they just stop doing it or what...

no of course they didn't, that's why this thread is about cheese and other kinds of dairy product.
Mon 23/06/03 at 19:48
Regular
"That's right!"
GAD is still around, but for reviews, not for posts. So GAD1 and 3 are gone.
Mon 23/06/03 at 19:38
I post because i honestly do enjoy doing it...
So what happend, did they just stop doing it or what...
Mon 23/06/03 at 19:35
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Without GAD there's not much to keep people posting, apart from a select few people who mostly hang out in Life anyway.
Mon 23/06/03 at 19:32
Huh, did they stop doing it or something?
I never even tryed for it, so it doesnt really effect me...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.