GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Since The Loss of GAD..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 23/06/03 at 19:27
Regular
We seem to have lost the bulk of the posters? - esp. the Notables - they were worth all the effort of voting in huh? ... 'I'd come and post here even if there were no free games on offer' my arsz... you could practiacally hear them jumping overboard ;)

Although fortunatly we also seem to have lost the bulk of newbies too (yay!)...

As they stand, the forums do seem a little empty these days, seem to have lost their certain charm, allure, their muckking about in boredom, fighting over who got todays goodie GAD?

Or maybe I'm wrong?

Has anone else noticed a big change in the forums? - Is there anyone whose presence noticably is missed? - or am I just typing balls?
Tue 24/06/03 at 20:49
Ah, don't we all.
Tue 24/06/03 at 20:44
Regular
I miss the Sony forum of old.
Tue 24/06/03 at 18:09
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
No point in posting if you don't get anything for it is there?

Damn...I posted...

Incidentally, the time around which the GADs were cut from 3 to 1 per day was also the time Sony's Beta Network Trials started. Unfortunately Sony decided to keep the beta trialists on after the Network Trials ended and now they send us a constant stream* of AAA titles to test for them, which is very hard and absorbing work demanding a lot of my time, meaning I can't post here as much as I used to.

*slight exaggeration
Tue 24/06/03 at 13:39
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
*nods*
Tue 24/06/03 at 13:31
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Milk, no sugar.
Tue 24/06/03 at 12:12
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Gin Soaked Shanks wrote:
> We seem to have lost the bulk of the posters? - esp. the Notables -
> they were worth all the effort of voting in huh? ...
----

Even my infrequent posts rule over yours, so hush and make me some tea.
Tue 24/06/03 at 10:59
"slightlyshortertagl"
I'm getting bored of this place.
Tue 24/06/03 at 10:58
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
A lot of people are leaving, not because of the loss of GAD1 directly, but more because of the chain effect loss of people which has brought the quality of chat and disscusion here right down.

I still visit here often, but I'm finding less and less I want to say. Just because people don't see me (through my posts) doesn't mean I don't still spend time here. I'm sure its the same for many others too.
Tue 24/06/03 at 10:49
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
BLAHpro wrote:
> Yeah - people have just lost interest. SR should maybe bring it back
> for a while as a HUGH MARKETING TACTIC *hint*cough*hint*

LOL!

*cough* hint *cough* - don't you mean?
Tue 24/06/03 at 10:12
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
The thing I miss most is the lack of any great topics to read through now. In the golden era of the GAD there'd be loads of great topics of all different kinds to enjoy reading; there were spoofs, serious essays about games/life/movies, and there were great stories to read.

But alas, some people still write things worth reading, but the majority is now just kids chatting about Big Brother and stupid things they did at school or what alcohol they drink when pretending to be all grown up.

I think the comptetition attracted lots of people to the site, so therefore gave more potential online business, so reducing it to only the 1 prize was a slight mistake. But like Noel Edmonds' TV career, it may one day return in the future and we'll all celebrate the return of a champion...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.