GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"It's really nothing to worry about... come have a look..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 24/06/03 at 00:00
Regular
Why are you worrying?

You seem to forget Nintendo's lack of love for the third party, they have kept close ties with those they see as the "biggest" (EA, Capcom, SEGA, NAMCO) but Codemasters and Acclaim are cutting support for a reason...

They don't sell. And if they can't sell games on a Nintendo console then their games aren't selling the Nintendo console. They're just wasting time and money for everyone.

Nintendo own 4 in house development teams who often develop 2 games at a time, second party houses such as Camelot (developing 4 games), Hal (2 games), Retro Studios (2 games), Silicon Knights(2 games), Intelligent Studios (1 Game), Skip (1 games),, NSTC (1 game) etc... and basically have exclusive third party support from Factor 5 (2 games), Hudson (3-4 games), Treasure (1.5 games), Amusement Vision (3 games), N-trance (1-2games), Capcom studio 4 (5 games)etc...

Nintendo own or basically own more exclusive companies than any of the other three... just because we lose some support from companies that never sold Nintendo consoles in the first place is hardly a heavy loss.

I am upset with Acclaim, they did support Nintendo when everyone deserted them back in the N64 days...

But those days were far worse with only Konami and Acclaim really showing any support...

Look back then... Nintendo survived.

The biggest fear is the PSP... oh yes.
Tue 24/06/03 at 22:28
Regular
Colin McRae 3 wasn't released on Cube in the end.

And Psycho Fox is a fool.
Tue 24/06/03 at 19:48
Regular
"  "
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Natbuc wrote:
> I'd hardly say Codemasters don't sell...
>
> They don't...well not as well as they'd like to, Colin Mcrae Rally was
> the last big release from them and that sold pretty dismally even
> though it was a damn good game.
>
> Acclaim have updated what was said in Reuters, saying that they're not
> totally dropping Cube, it was misquoted and that they're actually
> revaluating Cube.

Yes, but on PS2 Colin McRae reached No.1, so did TOCA Race Driver, and Indy Race League is up there. I just think it's to do with who they regard as the Game Cubes audience, and not people who like racing games. Or summit.
Tue 24/06/03 at 19:43
Regular
"8==="
:D
Tue 24/06/03 at 19:42
Regular
"8==="
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Never played it, my PC struggles to run Halflife in higher
> resoloutions. Probably pick it up on Xbox when it eventually comes
> out.

My PC just struggles FULLSTOP.
Tue 24/06/03 at 19:41
Regular
Never played it, my PC struggles to run Halflife in higher resoloutions. Probably pick it up on Xbox when it eventually comes out.
Tue 24/06/03 at 19:40
Regular
I heard that the PSP will need to be plugged in to provide enough power for it to operate.

:D
Tue 24/06/03 at 19:37
Regular
Operation Flashpoint is one of my favourite games of all time. Its absolutle genius on a disc. I had to run it at low specs on my PC but with the Xbox version being released within the year I will be able to enjoy on of the best FPS games and the definite squad based combat game which money can buy. My favourite areas were the ones where you were left alone and had objectives to complete. Aside from going to war it is as close as it gets and even the Army use it to train...
Tue 24/06/03 at 19:31
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Unbeliever wrote:
> What? You're forgetting about Operation Flaspoint or whatever it was
> called? It sold millions in the US...but console-wise, I see what you
> mean...

I demand you all go out and buy OperationFlashpoint GOTY edition.
You're life will be better.
Tue 24/06/03 at 19:26
Regular
Syphonical wrote:
> I don't think it sounds like a good idea.
> If it uses discs (disks), and it's a portable machine, then you can't
> just pull the games out and put them in your pocket, you'll have to
> take cases around with you-hardly portable is it.

The PSP will use cartridge protected discs like music Mini Discs so you won't really need to carry game cases. I still prefer cartridges because of the lack of loading times but I wonder if Nintendo will have trouble with catridge memory space (like they did with the N64) on the next generation of Game Boys.
Tue 24/06/03 at 19:17
Regular
"8==="
Syphonical wrote:
> I don't think it sounds like a good idea.
> If it uses discs (disks), and it's a portable machine, then you can't
> just pull the games out and put them in your pocket, you'll have to
> take cases around with you-hardly portable is it.

I got three of those game-holding wallets with a mag. Had to buy three mags though. :)

Anyway addressing the topic. I bought my GC for the exclusives. Can't wait for Mario Kart and Geist.
For multi-platform games it's got to be the xbox because of the practicality of the HD.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.