GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"It's really nothing to worry about... come have a look..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 24/06/03 at 00:00
Regular
Why are you worrying?

You seem to forget Nintendo's lack of love for the third party, they have kept close ties with those they see as the "biggest" (EA, Capcom, SEGA, NAMCO) but Codemasters and Acclaim are cutting support for a reason...

They don't sell. And if they can't sell games on a Nintendo console then their games aren't selling the Nintendo console. They're just wasting time and money for everyone.

Nintendo own 4 in house development teams who often develop 2 games at a time, second party houses such as Camelot (developing 4 games), Hal (2 games), Retro Studios (2 games), Silicon Knights(2 games), Intelligent Studios (1 Game), Skip (1 games),, NSTC (1 game) etc... and basically have exclusive third party support from Factor 5 (2 games), Hudson (3-4 games), Treasure (1.5 games), Amusement Vision (3 games), N-trance (1-2games), Capcom studio 4 (5 games)etc...

Nintendo own or basically own more exclusive companies than any of the other three... just because we lose some support from companies that never sold Nintendo consoles in the first place is hardly a heavy loss.

I am upset with Acclaim, they did support Nintendo when everyone deserted them back in the N64 days...

But those days were far worse with only Konami and Acclaim really showing any support...

Look back then... Nintendo survived.

The biggest fear is the PSP... oh yes.
Tue 24/06/03 at 00:00
Regular
Why are you worrying?

You seem to forget Nintendo's lack of love for the third party, they have kept close ties with those they see as the "biggest" (EA, Capcom, SEGA, NAMCO) but Codemasters and Acclaim are cutting support for a reason...

They don't sell. And if they can't sell games on a Nintendo console then their games aren't selling the Nintendo console. They're just wasting time and money for everyone.

Nintendo own 4 in house development teams who often develop 2 games at a time, second party houses such as Camelot (developing 4 games), Hal (2 games), Retro Studios (2 games), Silicon Knights(2 games), Intelligent Studios (1 Game), Skip (1 games),, NSTC (1 game) etc... and basically have exclusive third party support from Factor 5 (2 games), Hudson (3-4 games), Treasure (1.5 games), Amusement Vision (3 games), N-trance (1-2games), Capcom studio 4 (5 games)etc...

Nintendo own or basically own more exclusive companies than any of the other three... just because we lose some support from companies that never sold Nintendo consoles in the first place is hardly a heavy loss.

I am upset with Acclaim, they did support Nintendo when everyone deserted them back in the N64 days...

But those days were far worse with only Konami and Acclaim really showing any support...

Look back then... Nintendo survived.

The biggest fear is the PSP... oh yes.
Tue 24/06/03 at 00:10
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Publishers are pulling games. Thats bad news, no matter what way you dress it up.
Tue 24/06/03 at 00:12
Regular
Mantis wrote:
> Publishers are pulling games. Thats bad news, no matter what way you
> dress it up.

Why do publishers pull games?
Tue 24/06/03 at 00:17
Regular
Dringo you seem to be trying to convince yourself. Get on and enjoy the beauty of the Cube and stop speculating about things which probably won't happen. You can't beat the genius of Nintendo...
Tue 24/06/03 at 00:20
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Dringo you seem to be trying to convince yourself. Get on and enjoy
> the beauty of the Cube and stop speculating about things which
> probably won't happen. You can't beat the genius of Nintendo...

Not really... I don't care... I haven't played games in months.

It just seems pointless that so many posts are worrying about the future of the cube because games are being pulled. They are being pulled because they aren't selling...

So it is losing money for Nintendo as well...

I really don't see why everyones moaning.
Tue 24/06/03 at 10:33
"The Will of D."
Dringo wrote:
> ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Dringo you seem to be trying to convince yourself. Get on and enjoy
> the beauty of the Cube and stop speculating about things which
> probably won't happen. You can't beat the genius of Nintendo...
>
> Not really... I don't care... I haven't played games in months.

How come?
Tue 24/06/03 at 11:02
Regular
"  "
I'd hardly say Codemasters don't sell...
Tue 24/06/03 at 11:20
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
The PSP it sounds well crap to me.
Tue 24/06/03 at 12:07
Regular
Natbuc wrote:
> I'd hardly say Codemasters don't sell...

They don't...well not as well as they'd like to, Colin Mcrae Rally was the last big release from them and that sold pretty dismally even though it was a damn good game.

Acclaim have updated what was said in Reuters, saying that they're not totally dropping Cube, it was misquoted and that they're actually revaluating Cube.
Tue 24/06/03 at 12:11
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
What? You're forgetting about Operation Flaspoint or whatever it was called? It sold millions in the US...but console-wise, I see what you mean...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.