GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Photography Competition #1 (Easter Special)"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 05/04/07 at 11:19
Regular
Welcome to the first (is this the first?) photography competition.

I've been wanting to do this for years but it's only recently that I got a digital camera (for my trip to Singapore). So I'm keen to find reasons to go out and takes some pictures. It's done well on PM so lets give it a try.

The subject for our first competition is...

Easter

Only new photos, and the deadline is next Wednesday. I'm concerned no one else will bother so I'll take part too and have someone else judge. Post as many entries as you like relateing to the subject.

Have fun!
Sun 15/04/07 at 14:30
Regular
Well.. I'm out; the digital camera needs new rechargeable batteries as I've had the others a few years now and even after an 8-hour charge they have no juice.

I would have entered with my reasonably poor phone-cam, but it's an NEC 338 and the USB cable is all I can use to transfer data across.. however.. the software won't work on the pc and I don't have the installation disc anymore..

=c(
Sun 15/04/07 at 14:25
Regular
pb wrote:
> Here's mine...
>
> Rabbits!

Masterpeice. Really enspiring photo you taken there. Modern art at its best. This should win

XD
Fri 13/04/07 at 15:42
Regular
=cD

Just had the perfect idea!

We're incubating some eggs to produce chicks, and they'll be hatching around the Saturday / Sunday mark, so all things going well I'll be able to snap a few of the emerging chicks.
Fri 13/04/07 at 15:40
Regular
NickGreen wrote:
> Ok. Will have to learn how to upload them onto putfile, but once
> I have done this do I just include a link onto this page or
> something? Which then you guys can all click to view it?

When you create an account with putfile you can just upload pictures and then from there it gives you a URL which you can copy and paste into a hyperlink

> OH and is it for a GAD?

Only, I suppose, if you post a decent range of good entries; you may win a GAD for having the best post of the day.

Other than that it works like an SSC : run by the members of the forum and so the only prize is to choose the topic for the next competition. However, if you have a good entry a GAD may come as a sort of 'side effect'.
Fri 13/04/07 at 14:48
"possibly impossible"
Here's mine...

Rabbits!
Fri 13/04/07 at 14:42
"possibly impossible"
Nope. Not unless the staff decide it is.
Fri 13/04/07 at 12:08
Regular
OH and is it for a GAD?
Fri 13/04/07 at 12:07
Regular
Ok. Will have to learn how to upload them onto putfile, but once I have done this do I just include a link onto this page or something? Which then you guys can all click to view it?
Thu 12/04/07 at 23:28
Regular
And no this isn't the first photography competition, there's definitely been several others. Those weren't on the newly launched Freeola though.
Thu 12/04/07 at 23:27
Regular
Basically, you take the best pictures of things around the Easter theme.. so, for the sake of argument, you might take a picture of an Easter egg.

However, it's a competition so the most original and artistic pictures are likely to win.

Any digital camera (including phone) is fine providing you can get the pictures onto the 'net, and it's of a decent quality.

Pictures can be put onto something like putfile

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.