GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Web Design, can you help me?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 16/10/01 at 13:54
Regular
Hi

I have a few questions about web design:

1. How do I make a link that when you click on it a new window opens and loads the link that you clicked on if you see what I mean?

2. I have a table of contents of what is on a page and I want to click on say the letter "A" and I want the browser to jump down to where "A" is on the same page, what HTML codes would I use to do this?

3. Finally I want to use Javascript so when you move the mouse over a hyperlink the hyperlink then has a line appear under it when the mouse scrolls over the link. Do you know how to do this?

Thanks if you can help.
Tue 16/10/01 at 13:54
Regular
Hi

I have a few questions about web design:

1. How do I make a link that when you click on it a new window opens and loads the link that you clicked on if you see what I mean?

2. I have a table of contents of what is on a page and I want to click on say the letter "A" and I want the browser to jump down to where "A" is on the same page, what HTML codes would I use to do this?

3. Finally I want to use Javascript so when you move the mouse over a hyperlink the hyperlink then has a line appear under it when the mouse scrolls over the link. Do you know how to do this?

Thanks if you can help.
Tue 16/10/01 at 14:04
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
2:

put where you want to link to, on the same page (by the Letter A you mention, for example).

Make the Link, using a # in it:

goto A

always make sure that whatever you put as the NAME in the that you put a # before the name in the bit.

... hope that makes sence, and helps.
Tue 16/10/01 at 14:07
Regular
"It goes so quickly"

The simplest method is to put TARGET="_blank" within the Link, so it opens in a new Window.

e.g.

Freeola
Tue 16/10/01 at 14:14
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
3:

Not to sure if this is what you wanted, or if it will work, but put this between then and tags.

Tue 16/10/01 at 14:45
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Ah ha... Have a look at http://www.webmonkey.com

Or if you can read source code, have a look at one of my sites at:

Http://www.polity.co.uk/giddens

This site uses all of the questions you been asking...
Tue 16/10/01 at 14:57
Tue 16/10/01 at 14:59
Regular
"It goes so quickly"

Tue 16/10/01 at 15:00
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Is that how you mean?

Though if you have a letter to surround, do that:

A
Tue 16/10/01 at 15:30
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
that's the one, and then use go to a to call it.
Tue 16/10/01 at 15:30
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Slaveunit wrote:
> that's the one, and then use go to a to
> call it.

Sorry, it's go to a

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.