GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Championship Manager 01/02"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 15/10/01 at 21:24
Regular
Please post all the Best, Young, Cheap, Future Star players in here!

Also any tactics or tips you have on the game.
Mon 15/10/01 at 22:58
I need more than 10 million to set up a good team. I'm talking about Everton don't forget!
Mon 15/10/01 at 22:57
Regular
Seifer wrote:
> A downside to this is that you start of with 375K in the bank at the start of the game!

I hate that! I always need atleast 10 million at the beginning of the game to buy players :-D
Mon 15/10/01 at 22:55
I always start of playing as Everton. It is still the only team I have been. A downside to this is that you start of with 375K in the bank at the start of the game!

But we are doing well at the moment, and I'm confident for a place in the UEFA cup. I'm 9th right now, and 2 points separate 4th from 9th!

Seifer- holding on for a hope
Regular
OrÜega wrote:
> Or i might try bringing up my local team (stevenage) from the conferance!

Now thats what I used to like about the old premier manager games, which MADE you start off at a conference side and make you work yourself up. I think that was more realistic, and fun.
Regular
I've only clocked up 8 hours so far, but i will run onto 10 hours tommorow no problem!
Mon 15/10/01 at 22:54
Regular
Pro Evo wrote:
But what happened to the back ground pictures,
> they are seriously bad, all sunday league clubs?! What next?? Hillsborough?!

yes there is somthin really wrong with this. I think they have messed it up, i cant see any deliberate reason for them doing this, i think they forgot to put them on the CD!
Mon 15/10/01 at 22:53
Regular
I think its worth buying the game just for the player updates.

Next years Chamionship Manager (CM4) is the next big step, with 3d match engine and more.....

But I can officially say im addicted to this game already!

---

How many hours have you played so far?

I think im on 10.
Mon 15/10/01 at 22:52
Regular
Dav1d wrote:
> See, now I dont see the point in starting off at a club like ManU.

I know
> you support them, but dont you want a challenge?

its just the thing i do to test the game. I do it with every CM game. as soon as i have won everything with Man utd, i will move down to a crap team from say division 3 or somthin. Or i might try bringing up my local team (stevenage) from the conferance!
Mon 15/10/01 at 22:51
Regular
I bought Saha for 9 million and hewas top goalscorer and fans player of the year. He took a while to get into the side, but now he's great.

Also try to get Guardiola on a free at the beginning of the season. Hes quality, but youll probably have to offer him a nice contract!
Mon 15/10/01 at 22:51
Regular
"360: swfcman"
If im honest, there is not much different, the updates are really good, all transfers and stuff. There are also a few extra features. But nothing major. Worth it though if your a fan.

But what happened to the back ground pictures, they are seriously bad, all sunday league clubs?! What next?? Hillsborough?!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.