GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo's Fault?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 15/10/01 at 21:22
Regular
Just a quick idea that's been knocking about in that crazy brain of mine and I was wondering what your thoughts on it were.

We all know the conventional process that consoles evolved in such as from 8 bit to 16 bit then 16 to 32bit and so on. Well as you all know Nintendo got ahead of themselves and skipped the 32bit consoles and went straight from 16 to 64 while Sony and Sega were knocking about with their 32bit counterparts.

Well I was thinking if Nintendo hadn't made the jump missing the 32bit gap would these 'next generation' consoles now be on the 64bit mark? Would we be playing in the wondrous 128bit worlds that we are now?

It was just a thought so what do you think are we to thank Nintendo for that?

Andy

P.S. I'm not saying that Nintendo or anyone else are great or anything, i'm simply asking a question.
Tue 16/10/01 at 12:23
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
I would have though that the technology increased at a steady rate like it has in the PC world, but Sony released a machine when 32 bit was the latest spec. ninty at the time of 64.

Sony diddnt release a machine in the 64 bit market cos the PS1 was still doing well, and came in again at the next step.
Tue 16/10/01 at 10:40
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
"Nintendo's Fault" was just quicker to write, than "Was it Nintendo who caused the speed up of Bit's", lol.
Tue 16/10/01 at 10:18
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Well, this topic just gets better and better.
does it matter? I don't see how you managed to get so many replies for this topic, so what if the N64 was a 64 bit, explain why you made this topic, what do you mean fault?
Tue 16/10/01 at 09:21
Sensible Soccer was the reason for owning an Amiga or Atari ST. A class game for its time will always get played, regardless of which console it is on.
Tue 16/10/01 at 07:35
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
Amiga was wicked. Anyone remember Superfrog?
Tue 16/10/01 at 00:22
Regular
Sensible world of soccer on the AMIGA, still one of my fav games to date!
Tue 16/10/01 at 00:10
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Amiga, now there were some quality games on that thing...
... I have to admit, I used to play Amiga Games a hell of a lot more than todays offering, I don't know why ... I just did.
Still, it's not really about "bits" it's about games, and if they are any good.... right???
Mon 15/10/01 at 23:17
"possibly impossible"
Nope, that would be an amiga.
Mon 15/10/01 at 22:58
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Mystique wrote:
> whats an amigo?

you for one
Mon 15/10/01 at 22:49
Regular
whats an amigo?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.