GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Holy Crap! Wasp nest. Outside House. Erm... Wah!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 26/06/03 at 21:21
Regular
Bloody Hell! I just discovered, quite frankly, the scariest thing I've ever seen.

Outside my house, by a window, is a Mr. Whippy-style wasp nest. And it's evil!

There's a hole at the bottom where they go inside, and they're all buzzing around it. Wah!

I put some pictures on the Net for you, so, er, yeah, take a look if you want.

I'll be calling the exterminator in the morning then...

http://www.boomspeed.com/microchips/the_wasp_nest---ARGH.jpg

(The random ligh/dark effects was a poor attempt at me having to make the picture lighter in order to see the nest properly)
Thu 26/06/03 at 23:22
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
*arsonist

Typing + Tiredness = Typos

See, three T's.
Thu 26/06/03 at 23:21
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Actually, arseonist is more to do with fire, I think.

Hmm.

"Anyone for an ice cream? We have a Mr. Whippy outside"
Thu 26/06/03 at 23:18
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
I like your pyrotechnic views CM, but we live in a converted barn. And theres a hell of alot of wood around the place.

"God rid of the wasps mum. And the house."

;D
Thu 26/06/03 at 23:18
Regular
Bloody hell!

I had a wasps nest right above my front door last year - thousands of those things - the nest was inside some (hollow) wooden frame (there for cosmetic reasons more than anything) and had loads of drones going in and out the nest all the time - they went crazy when they were sprayed with wasp poison - it was sad seeing them slowly die, and a few I put out of their misery, but they had to go.
Thu 26/06/03 at 23:17
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Yeah, that'd be fun. Hmm.. I'll have to think of something good, I have to go to school tomorrow (Handing back the books we used from year 11) and then I could do this in the afternoon, as long as the exterminator hasn't come already.
Thu 26/06/03 at 23:16
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Even better, spray it from a distance with some lighter fuel and then set it alite, survivors will be non-existant. Although your house could catch fire.

Or something.
Thu 26/06/03 at 23:15
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Ah i see now.

You could have some fun if you had a BB gun.
Thu 26/06/03 at 23:14
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Nope, it's outside, but set-back into the house. Like a cave, but, er, not.

I'll take a photo showing the house, and then the nest, and then me legging it. Alternatively I could makea video, with me throwing various objects at it.
Thu 26/06/03 at 23:13
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
So is it in an enclosed room?

If so, just start a small smoky fire and they will die quite quickly. Do it in a metal bucket or something equally flame resistant.
Thu 26/06/03 at 23:07
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
phi11ip wrote:

> Where is it? How did you miss it for ~that~ long?

Well, the big window that's in the picture is kinda set-back from the house, and there's a roof over it. The only way you can really see it (Without being attacked :D) is by look at it from inside.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.