GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Are Nintendo best at original hardware & software?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 14/10/01 at 10:54
Regular
I think that Nintendo are the best at being original in there hardware as well as their software! The rumble pak is a great idea, every console copied that ASAP! Then theirs the Gameboy camera (new colour for GB advance & old black and White for GBC). And is there any company that can come up to the standard of their controlers? Yea sure everyone goes that looks silly, (new GC controler)it looks like something from fisher-price. The same thing was said abt the N64 controler but no-one is moanin about it now that they know wot is really like! That enough about the hardware now for the software. They are great at making something new, sure not everything works, but everyone has that problem! The standard of games is always fairly high, even though some people belive that they are all aimed at 'kids'! If this were true we wouldnt have 18 rated games such as Perfect Dark, Conker's Bad Fur Day & Turok!

Do You Think That Nintendo Is The Best At Oringinality In Hardware And Software?
Mon 15/10/01 at 16:22
Regular
"DS..."
stupid question really!
slik ~_~
Mon 15/10/01 at 12:44
Regular
Turbonutter wrote:
> Have you noticed that Nintendo copied Sony's analog buttons on the Dual Shock 2?
> They were never part of the original design for the GC controller, but they were
> quickly employed after they heard about the public's reaction to the Dual Shock
> 2.

That's a bit of a tall story...

They basically turned the yellow C-Buttons on the N64 into a stick.

Although it's remarkably like the PS2's analogue set up, I think that they would've done it anyway.
It wasn't an innovation - it was just doing the obvious.

As for Analogue sticks, they didn't invent them, but was the first to use them in such a way that left the D-Pad almost redundant.
Sun 14/10/01 at 20:09
Regular
"May Contain Nuts"
No its not, cos my brain cant think as quick as my hands can type!
Sun 14/10/01 at 20:05
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Ace_greg wrote:
> Sure is, I type a bit fast sometimes & dont think quick enough for my
> hands!

Read that last bit again, it makes no sense it's the wrong way around
Sun 14/10/01 at 13:35
Regular
"May Contain Nuts"
I dont!!!!!!! :P
Sun 14/10/01 at 13:34
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
The chances of you owning a cabinet not high enough for the PS2 are very slim.
Sun 14/10/01 at 13:11
Regular
"May Contain Nuts"
Depends weather u lie it flat or not! But u have to have more head room for it!
Sun 14/10/01 at 13:09
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Actually, the PS2 has smaller floor area than the GC, so it would require less space...

...like I care.
Sun 14/10/01 at 12:52
Regular
"May Contain Nuts"
No actually my console is smaller! (Game Cube) So I dont need as much space to store it!!!!!
Sun 14/10/01 at 12:50
Regular
Does it really matter who thought of the idea first, who gives a toss, next argument were gonna be having is "oh my consoles bigger than yours".

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.