GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Are Nintendo best at original hardware & software?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 14/10/01 at 10:54
Regular
I think that Nintendo are the best at being original in there hardware as well as their software! The rumble pak is a great idea, every console copied that ASAP! Then theirs the Gameboy camera (new colour for GB advance & old black and White for GBC). And is there any company that can come up to the standard of their controlers? Yea sure everyone goes that looks silly, (new GC controler)it looks like something from fisher-price. The same thing was said abt the N64 controler but no-one is moanin about it now that they know wot is really like! That enough about the hardware now for the software. They are great at making something new, sure not everything works, but everyone has that problem! The standard of games is always fairly high, even though some people belive that they are all aimed at 'kids'! If this were true we wouldnt have 18 rated games such as Perfect Dark, Conker's Bad Fur Day & Turok!

Do You Think That Nintendo Is The Best At Oringinality In Hardware And Software?
Sun 14/10/01 at 10:54
Regular
"May Contain Nuts"
I think that Nintendo are the best at being original in there hardware as well as their software! The rumble pak is a great idea, every console copied that ASAP! Then theirs the Gameboy camera (new colour for GB advance & old black and White for GBC). And is there any company that can come up to the standard of their controlers? Yea sure everyone goes that looks silly, (new GC controler)it looks like something from fisher-price. The same thing was said abt the N64 controler but no-one is moanin about it now that they know wot is really like! That enough about the hardware now for the software. They are great at making something new, sure not everything works, but everyone has that problem! The standard of games is always fairly high, even though some people belive that they are all aimed at 'kids'! If this were true we wouldnt have 18 rated games such as Perfect Dark, Conker's Bad Fur Day & Turok!

Do You Think That Nintendo Is The Best At Oringinality In Hardware And Software?
Sun 14/10/01 at 12:06
Regular
That sure is some oringinal spelling.
Sun 14/10/01 at 12:09
Regular
"May Contain Nuts"
Sure is, I type a bit fast sometimes & dont think quick enough for my hands!
Sun 14/10/01 at 12:10
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Nintendo are one of a few developers around that still pride themselves on trying new things, be it with games or controller design. I respect Nintendo tremedously for this, as their still keeping the gaming market fresh with their new and original games!

:)
Sun 14/10/01 at 12:28
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Have you noticed that Nintendo copied Sony's analog buttons on the Dual Shock 2? They were never part of the original design for the GC controller, but they were quickly employed after they heard about the public's reaction to the Dual Shock 2.

Also, Nintendo didn't invent analog sticks, neither were they the first to standardise them across the system.

On the sunject of the rumble paks, no one copied from Nintendo. Sony announced their Japanese analog controller (which had rumble, unlike the British one) around the same time Nintendo announced their rumble and analog controllers.
Sun 14/10/01 at 12:32
Regular
"May Contain Nuts"
I think u will find Nintendo anounced the rumbel pak long before they released it, then it was introduced to other systems! That is why Nintendo now dont say much until we r on top of the launcch date!
Sun 14/10/01 at 12:39
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Turbonutter wrote:
> Sony announced their Japanese analog controller (which had
> rumble, unlike the British one) around the same time Nintendo ANNOUNCED their
> rumble and analog controllers.

Note the word "announced".
Sun 14/10/01 at 12:44
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
I surpose your gonna tell me Sony invented the D-pad before Nintendo! That they invented the use of "4" buttons on the right hand side of the pad, that they invented shoulder buttons, that they invented the shape of the Playstation pad, which looks just like a SNES one, but with extended pointy parts??????????

Ooooo and that they invented the Playstation? {think about this one! :) }

:)
Sun 14/10/01 at 12:50
Regular
Does it really matter who thought of the idea first, who gives a toss, next argument were gonna be having is "oh my consoles bigger than yours".
Sun 14/10/01 at 12:52
Regular
"May Contain Nuts"
No actually my console is smaller! (Game Cube) So I dont need as much space to store it!!!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.