GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"sixth form induction"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 01/07/03 at 15:19
Regular
just got back from mine and i was slightly dissapointed that i couldnt take one of the subjects i wanted. but life must go on.

im thinking of taking media studies, it, geography and business studies.

what is everybody else thinking of taking.
Tue 01/07/03 at 15:19
Regular
"Ah the mystic porta"
just got back from mine and i was slightly dissapointed that i couldnt take one of the subjects i wanted. but life must go on.

im thinking of taking media studies, it, geography and business studies.

what is everybody else thinking of taking.
Tue 01/07/03 at 15:24
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
History, Computing, English and Business Studies.
Tue 01/07/03 at 15:44
Regular
"Light of the world"
it sucks, so many couldn't do what they wanted...I couldn't when I was in your situation but hey the day was worth it...

...You got to listen to briliant speeches of mine TWICE! heh heh
Tue 01/07/03 at 15:52
Regular
"Hallelujah"
Lil Ginge wrote:
> ...You got to listen to briliant speeches of mine TWICE! heh heh

*Wipes away tear* Your speeches made martin luther king jr look amature.
Seriously though, took alot of bottle! I'm bummed that i cant take English (Lit & Lan) and theatre studies! STOOPID!
Tue 01/07/03 at 15:54
Regular
"Light of the world"
Garlic Bread!? wrote:
> Lil Ginge wrote:
> ...You got to listen to briliant speeches of mine TWICE! heh heh
>
> *Wipes away tear* Your speeches made martin luther king jr look
> amature.
> Seriously though, took alot of bottle! I'm bummed that i cant take
> English (Lit & Lan) and theatre studies! STOOPID!

assOle abusing my speeches *wipes away tear knowing she failed so miserabally* it did take guts because you have a MEAN year!!!
I know the feeling I was gutted i couldnt take Art at AS :( Eng lit is good though and easier!
Tue 01/07/03 at 16:19
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
6th form was crap for me, I did crap and got crap results. I then went to college and did the same lessons and did great.

Wohooo
Tue 01/07/03 at 16:21
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Hmm crap, I dunno when my induction day is...

Argh.
Tue 01/07/03 at 16:30
Regular
"I like cheese"
Yeah, I'm gonna have to drop Media because at the moment I'm taking 2 AS Levels and 2 A Levels, and apparently I can't get into Uni with that.

Anyway Adam, don't think I saw you there all day. :D What's going down in groove town?
Tue 01/07/03 at 16:32
Regular
"Light of the world"
Ant wrote:
> Yeah, I'm gonna have to drop Media because at the moment I'm taking 2
> AS Levels and 2 A Levels, and apparently I can't get into Uni with
> that.
yea sucks don't it...in my year so many people wanted to carry on media but werent funded. It the points two AS' won't get you enough
Tue 01/07/03 at 16:47
Regular
"That's right!"
6th form was crap at my place. It was my high school's 6th form. My brother went before me and my sister went before that, so naturally I was expected to go too.

Only problem was, I only had 4 C or above GCSEs, and you needed at least 5. Trouble is, they said there might be a problem letting me in on the first day of 6th form, which meant if they'd said no, the colleges had already started and I'd be in a tight spot to find a course I liked and could get onto elsewhere. Stupid place.

I convinced them to let me on, and that I could do the work as well as the kids who had enough grades, which was true. I didn't fail my GCSEs because I was stupid, I failed because I never showed up and never did any revision. Well, my stupidity probably had SOMETHING to do with it ;) Not very intelligent to never go into school.

Anyway, I took theatre studies (drama) sociology and English lit. Had to do literature, since they weren't doing language. Bar-stewards. No media courses, and the computer one I wanted to do clashed with my drama one, so I had to make a choice. And they complained to me that I wasn't doing enough subjects, when it was their bloody fault! Some people simply can't do what they want, and that's really unfair. Don't go to a high school 6th form, unless you know it's good, go to a real college.

Anyway, 6th form was terrible. All my mates either left shortly after it started or never joined in the first place and I didn't get on with my teachers (only my sociology teacher) or my form tutor. So began two of the suckiest years of my entire life. What a waste of time, could've gone straight onto the media course I'm on now instead of going there, but my parents wanted me to go, so I did. Got 2 A levels out of it (was thrown out of English because I hated it and never showed up) but I wouldn't say it was worth it. Make sure you know what you're doing when you join up, it's not too late to leave if you dislike it at first, don't expect things to get drastically better.

Oh, and take sociology, it's great. Even a retard like myself managed to get As and Bs in the exams for that.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.