GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Holographic gaming may ruin all..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 04/07/03 at 14:25
Regular
Now that sony have realeaed thier new eye toy thingy, and the huge increase in dance mats (*shudders at the thought) people have started to game gaming away from the control pad.

Games like shooting time crisis and vampire night that use a gun involve a huge new aspect of skill need to play the games.

Unfit or less energetis people have no chance getting as high a score as breakdancing maniacs on dance games and one eye'd long sighted people can't win againt thoughs super eagle eye people on shooting games.

If games contiune to evolve into a more energetic and athletic direction then people are gonna get left behind. Just imagine in years to come where we'll have holographic rooms where instaed of just shooting a gun you are also punchinhg the bajesus into some monster. Or insted of jumping up and down infornt of your tv you have motion senser making sure that ervy single muscle in your body is beig used correctly.

I think new ideas and technology are welcomed but i also think that game designer should think about the people who can't play these games.

Thats all i have to say.
Fri 04/07/03 at 15:26
Regular
"Same as above^"
Would be cool if you could taker pictures of people and then have them pop up all over the screen and you shoot the bejesus into them.
Fri 04/07/03 at 15:26
Regular
"Same as above^"
You could see your self die a thousand times.
Fri 04/07/03 at 15:25
Regular
"Hallelujah"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Just think - Vice City where you really ARE Tommy Vercetti.

*shudders*
Fri 04/07/03 at 15:13
"High polygon count"
SireSmith wrote:
> What gonna happen next with they eye toy when people get bored of the
> 12 games?

Other developers can support it. Now there's no reason why you can't - just for example - have your own face mapped onto that of in-game characters.

Just think - Vice City where you really ARE Tommy Vercetti.
Fri 04/07/03 at 15:05
Regular
"Same as above^"
What gonna happen next with they eye toy when people get bored of the 12 games?
Fri 04/07/03 at 14:52
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
I think it's a pretty cool peripheral. It'll get more people into gaming which can't be a bad thing, can it?

*looks around at the state of games today*

Ok, yes. It can be a bad thing. But it's a good concept.
Fri 04/07/03 at 14:49
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Or decent games

(oooooh! controversial)
Fri 04/07/03 at 14:43
"High polygon count"
A few people are saying it doesn't look very good. The games may be simple, but at least it's an innovative idea.

Of course, had Nintendo invented it, it would probably be wonderful, revolutionary and the next Big Thing in home console gaming. Just like the analogue stick that they never invented?
Fri 04/07/03 at 14:29
Regular
"Same as above^"
I don't think it looks very good but quiet a few people are saying it's a great idea. Just looks like an even more embaressing dance map (*shudders again).
Fri 04/07/03 at 14:29
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
A window washing game?

I can do that for real and clean the windows at the same time.

*yawn*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.