GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Holographic gaming may ruin all..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 04/07/03 at 14:25
Regular
Now that sony have realeaed thier new eye toy thingy, and the huge increase in dance mats (*shudders at the thought) people have started to game gaming away from the control pad.

Games like shooting time crisis and vampire night that use a gun involve a huge new aspect of skill need to play the games.

Unfit or less energetis people have no chance getting as high a score as breakdancing maniacs on dance games and one eye'd long sighted people can't win againt thoughs super eagle eye people on shooting games.

If games contiune to evolve into a more energetic and athletic direction then people are gonna get left behind. Just imagine in years to come where we'll have holographic rooms where instaed of just shooting a gun you are also punchinhg the bajesus into some monster. Or insted of jumping up and down infornt of your tv you have motion senser making sure that ervy single muscle in your body is beig used correctly.

I think new ideas and technology are welcomed but i also think that game designer should think about the people who can't play these games.

Thats all i have to say.
Fri 04/07/03 at 16:59
Its just different technology, at the end of the day most people use controllers and probably always will...
Fri 04/07/03 at 16:57
Regular
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> A few people are saying it doesn't look very good. The games may be
> simple, but at least it's an innovative idea.
>
> Of course, had Nintendo invented it, it would probably be wonderful,
> revolutionary and the next Big Thing in home console gaming. Just
> like the analogue stick that they never invented?

They may not have invented it, but at least they had the bloody sense to realise you can't use an 8 way directional pad for 3D games with 360 degrees of movement!

Unlike Sony, who sit back and do bagger all until the competition does it. Like online gaming, they said PS2 would have online gaming way back when it was announced, but it took the Xbox to come along and actually do it before they got their ass in gear and setup their own.
Fri 04/07/03 at 16:03
Regular
"INSERT WITTY COMMEN"
SireSmith wrote:
one eye'd long sighted people can't win againt thoughs super eagle eye people on shooting games.

I dont really suppose most long sighted pirates are going to be buying shooting games. I suggest monkey island for them!!
Fri 04/07/03 at 15:42
Regular
"Same as above^"
Ah stuidity. Where would those moeny making tycoons be with out it. ha ha.
Fri 04/07/03 at 15:41
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Other developers can support it. Now there's no reason why you can't
> - just for example - have your own face mapped onto that of in-game
> characters.

It's just another little gadget that people will use, but will get bored of within a few weeks. Having your face as a character may be fun for like, a week, but then it's another £40 wasted.

I've used a webcam that allowed you to play basketball and pop the bubbles... Oh, that was fun for all of 10 minutes.

It's a cheap attempt at making money and people are complete mugs so they'll go and buy it. It's crap and Sony have managed to gain a lot of money out of people's stupidity.
Fri 04/07/03 at 15:32
Regular
"Same as above^"
who else is insulting me?
Fri 04/07/03 at 15:29
"Gracia senoir"
play nice who
Fri 04/07/03 at 15:28
Regular
"Same as above^"
Now, Now. Play nice!
Fri 04/07/03 at 15:28
Energetic gaming?

In a world where adolescent obesity is flying off the scale, encouraging people to enjoy a little exercise can hardly be viewed as a bad thing.
Fri 04/07/03 at 15:27
"Gracia senoir"
Shutup you inconsiderable stupid siresmith

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.