GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What's the Eye Toy like?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 05/07/03 at 17:15
Regular
Before considering buying an Eye Toy, I want to know if it's any good. So anyone who has it, tell me what you think.
Thu 10/07/03 at 23:15
Regular
Ah yes, the X-games, all those extreme sports sims like snowboarding, skating and the like. :D
Thu 10/07/03 at 15:46
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
*Waiting for the X- rated games to come out...*
Wed 09/07/03 at 16:23
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
No, it's not a standard webcam. Sony would have to release PC drivers for it and they haven't. If you connect it to your PC it does work as a microphone though!
Wed 09/07/03 at 16:10
Regular
"PRO EVO MASTER"
can the eye cam be used as a webcam on a computer, i meen it has a usb wire?
Wed 09/07/03 at 09:45
Regular
"Complete Banker"
Mine arrived yesterday - it's bloody amazing!!

Single player is good enough but get a few friends round and it becomes some kind of bizarre party experience. Watching each other waving arms and legs about is excellent.

The most fun the missus and I have had in ages!!!

I'm a particular fan of Kung-foo, but the UFO thingy is flippin' difficult.
Tue 08/07/03 at 19:35
Regular
"Same as above^"
Some German students were playing on it in game. I think they were offended when i stood pointing and laughing at them for jumping up and down cause the camera was angled up and they were to short.
Mon 07/07/03 at 10:52
Regular
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Edgy wrote:
> Well, the Eye Toy is bloody amazing.
>
> *Faints*

I nearly fainted admitting it :D
Mon 07/07/03 at 09:23
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
It's on a swivel base so you can point it up or down as you require. They say about 1.5-2 metres is the best distance.
Sun 06/07/03 at 22:19
Regular
"PRO EVO MASTER"
What sort of distance and height does the eye toy need to be i meen my tv is placed about the height of my chaire? plz let me know i really want one of these :)
Sun 06/07/03 at 11:19
Regular
I'm really enjoying it actually. The wishi washi thing is probably my favourite, and it was the one that appealed to me the most right from the beginning. The fighting ones are fairly good to, as are the beat freak ones, but I wasn't too keen on the plate spinning. The mirrors were a bit easy first time, but I was only on "easy" anyway, so that's to be expected. Hopefully the games will be harder on the "hard" setting.

The video messaging was a bit of a let down, not that I'd really be able to find a use for it anyway. For a 10 second message the space consumption is pretty big (about 1.5Mb) but for the 60 second message, it pretty much takes up the whole memory card.

The playroom is good fun, especially the "nervous" feature I mentioned in another topic. I quite like the materialise one as well. One thing that is really good fun is leaving your window open, and waiting for a fly to enter, and let it fly happily around your room and past the screen. It gets picked up, and the results can be quite funny, escpecially with the spiders one.

Haven't had a chance to play multiplayer yet, so can't really report on that.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.