GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ti4800, FX5600, or Radeon 9600?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 05/07/03 at 19:13
Regular
I want unbiased, Spec-based judgements. what do you know about them and are they good value?

i have prices on them as:

128MB Geforce 4 Ti4800 -- £117
128MB Radeon 9600 -- £97
128MB Geforce FX5600 -- £117

They are the contenders, now all i want is hard facts - which has the least problems, most efficiency, Least memory restriction etc etc. don't forget i dont want biased judgements. Thank you all kindly, and if it turns out it's a bad choice, i'll hang you all.
Thu 17/07/03 at 23:37
Regular
AA doesnt mean even worse.. u can barely see notice it during playing (i havent tried it) but sharp graphics count for nothing while your playing.
Thu 17/07/03 at 22:38
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Okay, it's nice to see little has changed since my 2 year departure from PC Gaming. Let me demonstrate. ATI is bundling Raven Shield with it's new 9800 card, ATI is promoting Raven Shield using it's card. Raven Shield is being used to promote the ATI cards.

So...I install the game. Start it, and corrupt graphics on the front screen. Exit it, go online, get the patch.

Start it - graphics corruption gone - start a campaign, select a team, go to planning and.... clicking the mouse to place waypoints just makes the level on the map change.

So, exit, go online, read the FAQ. The solution ? turn off full screen anti aliasing, making the game look worse.

Judging from the mood on the Raven Shield forum's a posse should be forming up pretty soon to raid the developers HQ....
Wed 16/07/03 at 13:24
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
UrkiE-UK wrote:
> you DO want an FX5600.
>
> They're real decent, but i think a top-end CPU would go nicely with
> it...

I can concur that this is true...my system f***ing flies. Almost finished downloading 3dmark2001se, so results up soon.
Wed 16/07/03 at 12:53
Regular
Get a Radeon if you have the money i am.
Wed 16/07/03 at 10:09
Regular
you DO want an FX5600.

They're real decent, but i think a top-end CPU would go nicely with it...
Sun 13/07/03 at 15:00
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
Me wants 5600 :|
Sun 13/07/03 at 13:27
Regular
anywayz, i bought one, and returned it two days after because of a faulty fan, which was obstructed by a wire - which led to a nasty overheat which made me shut it down before it melted. got a replacement, and it's all fine. bought Unreal II while i was there too. good game.
Fri 11/07/03 at 21:32
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Cool. A guy that likes Dad's Army.

"Vat is your name?" (German guy asks)
"Don't tell 'im Pike!" (Captain Mannering shouts)
"Pike" (says the German guy, and writes it down in a notebook.)

Funny stuff.
Fri 11/07/03 at 21:22
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Look on ebuyer. It's made by Leadtek I think.
Fri 11/07/03 at 17:01
Regular
256mb? i cant find those.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.