GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"rate these games!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 06/07/03 at 21:04
Regular
I only have a few games but are pleased with what I have. Just interested to c what others think of them. If u have ne interesting facts or stories about them let m know as well! What should I get next? Thinkin bout Buffy, Hitman2 or Rocky?

Here is my modest collection:

Halo, can not play this game enough! My only problem with it is the saving system? Find myself using save and quit to much?

Jet Set Radio Future, got this free with machine but did not play it till recently. Its fantastic! Looks stunning, plays so smoothly!

DOA Extreme Beach Vollyball, when i bought this i played it non stop for bout 24 hours, highly addictive! Looks brill, the sexiest sprites on this planet! Sadly it is a novelty game and has now lost much of its appeal? No regrets though!

Shenmue 2, was a bit apprehensive bout buyin this title as I could have prob bought dreamcast and the game for the same price as the xbox version! It is very good though, if u want loads of action its not for u?

Panzar Dragoon Orta, most recent accusision and its really cool! It looks great (dont all xbox games though!) is it just me or is it really hard! On level two and attempted it bout 15 times i keep gettin killed! Gonna post a seperate post for this i think?

Well thanks for readin and post back with your thoughts!
Mon 07/07/03 at 22:47
Regular
ËÏi†è ¢h@ø$ wrote:
> You have problems with the saving system of halo?
> It automatically saves :p
>
> I would get hitman 2, quality game and you can pick it up pretty cheap
> too.
>
> I picked up max payne on saturday for £5, im on the last chapter
> of the last part, and I've really enjoyed it. Although I found the
> bullet time a bit of a gimmick, and the comic scenes add a tacky
> comical aspect to an otherwise somewhat serious and sinister story
> (His wife and baby daughter are killed in front of him at the start of
> the game, and you'll encounter this again when he is under the
> influence of a new drug "valkyr")

What I mean with the saving on halo is that say you are playing, get in a bad way then stumble into a checkpoint you will start again from this checkpoint when you die (still in a bad way)! So what I have been doing is whenever I get to a checkpoint and i'm in good health etc. i'll save and quit then load up again so that if the former situation happens I can then return to my previous saved game? This can also be problematic when u need a certain vehicle to progress in the game, for example me n friend were playing co-op on the level where u need to fly on the banshis to get to a certain point. We however in our excitement blew every vehicle up and had to restart the mission!
Mon 07/07/03 at 19:57
Regular
"8==="
Play it on a higher difficulty and take more risks and cool dives.

You'll die a lot.....

Payne does the Comic/Film/Game thing really well. Resident Evil tries to do this film thing too but it's gameplay is poor in comparison.

And the comic book bits kick FMV/Cutscene butt.
Mon 07/07/03 at 19:38
Regular
"Unretired"
Hedfix wrote:
> I played the Payne demo on PC and hated it.
>
> Got it cheap on Xbox and loved it.
>
> A good game to get when starting off.

Whats with the "self adjusting difficulty"?
I've been playing really well, have died once or twice due to environment reasons (Trip lazer), but the game still plays way too easy.

But its so satisfying to kill people, sometimes i've gone to bullet time, and have kept shooting at the person even though they are dead just because of how great it looks.
This game is controversial, because it makes killing people so exciting and fun!

I still pick the dual berretas on the later levels, they are great. The animations and the sound really complement each other.
Mon 07/07/03 at 19:29
Regular
"8==="
I played the Payne demo on PC and hated it.

Got it cheap on Xbox and loved it.

A good game to get when starting off.
Mon 07/07/03 at 19:22
Regular
"Unretired"
You have problems with the saving system of halo?
It automatically saves :p

I would get hitman 2, quality game and you can pick it up pretty cheap too.

I picked up max payne on saturday for £5, im on the last chapter of the last part, and I've really enjoyed it. Although I found the bullet time a bit of a gimmick, and the comic scenes add a tacky comical aspect to an otherwise somewhat serious and sinister story (His wife and baby daughter are killed in front of him at the start of the game, and you'll encounter this again when he is under the influence of a new drug "valkyr")
Mon 07/07/03 at 13:22
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
I'm still playing DOA:XBV three months on. I love it.
Mon 07/07/03 at 09:27
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
:-D

And yeah, go with Hitman 2. Quality game.
Mon 07/07/03 at 00:14
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
I know how to use question marks?
Sun 06/07/03 at 22:56
Regular
Hitman 2's excellent, Buffy's good if a little short lived and Rocky's a load of rubbish.
Sun 06/07/03 at 22:17
Regular
All of the ones you mentioned are decent, especially Halo ;)

Also you should definatly get Hitman 2 - I got that today and it rocks!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.