GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"In Praise Of Sniper Mode"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 11/10/01 at 10:24
Regular
What is the best element of gameplay ever utilized in a computer game?

Some might say it's when a car handles perfectly, as in Gran Turismo 3 or Crazy Taxi 2.
Some might suggest it's when a beat-em-up move can be used with devastating effect, like the Dragon Punch in Street Fighter.
Others might claim that it's when your well thought-out plans achieve success in a Real Time Strategy game.

But for me, the best element of gameplay ever utilized in a game has got to be "Sniper Mode".
It matters not what game it appears in - GoldenEye, Solider Of Fortune, Red Faction, Perfect Dark, MDK2 - it's simply the pinnacle of gameplay, something I believe no one can become tired of.
I don't know which game Sniper Mode first featured in, but which ever game it was, I'd just like to say: "Amen for that!"

Yeah I know it's a little bit twisted to zoom in close on some oblivious geezer's head and then pull the trigger, but what the heck, it's the most satisfying and addictive aspect of gameplay ever realized. My conscience is clean, unlike the wall behind every victim's head.
Sat 13/10/01 at 22:25
Although I'm usually clever...

:|
Sat 13/10/01 at 22:19
I`m starting to see what you mean . . . . . . . . . ;OD
Sat 13/10/01 at 22:16
You can't blame me... my noggin's empty...
Sat 13/10/01 at 22:10
What ????????????????????
Get some sense into your head man !
;OD
Sat 13/10/01 at 22:08
Everything's funny if you think about it... only some jokes are more well hidden then others.
Sat 13/10/01 at 22:01
Sums it up , really . No need for a topic , just a one-line post sums it up . Funny that .
Sat 13/10/01 at 21:57
That's the beauty of sniping... disturbing yet satisfying at the same time.
Sat 13/10/01 at 21:51
That sounds odd . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
But fun none the less I suppose . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Sat 13/10/01 at 21:44
Regular
The best Sniping I've done is in Conker's Bad Fur Day's beach scenario multiplayer.

It's hard, especially when your brother looks at your screen, waits until the cross hair is over his character's head and then jumps, but it rewards you with a head explosion if you hit!

Beautiful!
Sat 13/10/01 at 21:37
Red Faction Snipers - Mmmmmm , tasty . * 223 is one the one with the 2 fortress thingies in multiplayer *

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.